Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Re: Crazy bast**d

Living in Cloud Cuckoo Land doesn't mean you don't live in a violent society. Admitting it or denying it changes nothing.

If you think that patting strangers in public is OK you might want to invest in some dental insurance.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Living in Cloud Cuckoo Land doesn't mean you don't live in a violent society. Admitting it or denying it changes nothing.

If you think that patting strangers in public is OK you might want to invest in some dental insurance.
Not cloud cuckoo land Savvy, more a 'Frame of Mind' and seeing the good in society and people in general.
Bad people are rare, despite what the media and Holywood want us to believe...

As for Dresden, I wasn't there and neither was my Dad, so I couldn't possibly comment.....
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bleeding hell ... you were just itching to spout all that weren't you.

War in Iraq? The bombing of Dresden? You just stepped out of the Tardis didn't you?
Erm, and not to mention, Hiroshima & Nagasaki and the country who currently has one of the biggest braggarts and gung-ho warmongers the world has had the misfortune to suffer ..

This my friend is why Americans love/feel the need to carry guns and have appointed themselves as the world's policeman, and probably visit more psychiatric counselors than any other nation in the world ....
as you said yourself .... Quote: I live in the second most dangerous county the second most dangerous state in the nation.
Hear, hear!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Blimey Bakerman, the bloke helped you and all you were doing was acknowledging his help by a friendly tap on the shoulder.
If it was me, I would have appreciated your acknowledgement and probably replied "Your Welcome"....It's a universal response.....
thank you , Grey Fox. After reading Savvy's comments I gave some thought about violent people who are just itching to punch someone. In the end I have decided to simply not worry about such people and to behave as I always have, ie: being polite and friendly. I refuse to let such people affect me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
thank you , grey fox. After reading savvy's comments i gave some thought about violent people who are just itching to punch someone. In the end i have decided to simply not worry about such people and to behave as i always have, ie: Being polite and friendly. I refuse to let such people affect me.

That's how I feel too.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not cloud cuckoo land Savvy, more a 'Frame of Mind' and seeing the good in society and people in general.
Bad people are rare, despite what the media and Holywood want us to believe...

As for Dresden, I wasn't there and neither was my Dad, so I couldn't possibly comment.....
I wasn't there either but I know what happened. Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it.
Savvy
United States

11-02-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
thank you , Grey Fox. After reading Savvy's comments I gave some thought about violent people who are just itching to punch someone. In the end I have decided to simply not worry about such people and to behave as I always have, ie: being polite and friendly. I refuse to let such people affect me.

So, do you honestly believe that a person does not have the right to not be intentionally touched by strangers? How you could claim that the person had no right to complain is astounding to me. Why would you condemn him for voicing a complaint about it?

In our society, where privacy is a premium, how can you condemn someone who is trying to hold on to some small part of his or her personal space without having a stranger pat him? Your rights end where his nose begins.

I was wrong when I accused you of assaulting your victim, what your crime was is simple battery. I am a plumber, not a lawyer.....

The crime of Simple Battery or Misdemeanor Battery is defined under Section 784.03, Florida Statutes. In Florida, the term battery means: Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.

You posted the thread looking for vindication and you got it.
Congrats.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:01 PM

And look what affect the crazy, extreme laws and cops behaviour is doing to people, Savyy.
Look how some can use it as a lever to hostility.

Is it making everyone over there as hostile, aggressive and bonkers as your views, or possibly you have personal reasons for the huge overeaction, I don't know.
But what I do know is, it's a good job you don't live over here, as it is you that would be jailed for threatening everyone who accidentally brushed against you.

Of course I can understand people not wanting a total stranger to come and touch them for no reason, but this was not remotely like the situation you are inventing.

If a passer-by has stopped to assist another, and receives a quick tap as he is being thanked, that is completely different. Bakerman hardly grabbed the bloke in a bear hug, grabbed his bum and kissed both cheeks did he!!

I find it really sad how brainwashed some people must be, to want to hit or punish a simple, harmless, split second gesture of appreciation just because the law says you can.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:10 PM

Hi

A certain amount of Commonsense is applicable here.

Guy and I stopped off at Morrisons this morning on the way back from his appointment.

A small, elderly Lady asked Guy if he would mind getting her something from from the top shelf she could not reach.

No problem, he did , she said thanks and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

We would not have just walked up to her and given her a pat.

One is acceptable, the other is not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-02-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A certain amount of Commonsense is applicable here.

Guy and I stopped off at Morrisons this morning on the way back from his appointment.

A small, elderly Lady asked Guy if he would mind getting her something from from the top shelf she could not reach.

No problem, he did , she said thanks and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

We would not have just walked up to her and given her a pat.

One is acceptable, the other is not.

Good grief Swim You should have had her arrested!

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top