Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:33 AM

Re: Why Do Some People, Look Down On Others?

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
I disagree. I don't think it's the same thing. Despising people or their principles does not equate to looking down on them.
I agree, I think we all despise people who do evil things but looking down on others is more a social thing very little to do with law breaking....I can look down on someone who has poor hygiene and smells for instance that's very different to my feelings about a murderer or child molester.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:35 AM

Of course I'm looked down on here cos I aint an English Tory brexiteer, and it hurts so much that I just don't get a wink of sleep at night and suffer from deep depression
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I cannot stand perverts, racists and anti-gays they are beneath contempt, imo.
Do you know many ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I agree, I think we all despise people who do evil things but looking down on others is more a social thing very little to do with law breaking....I can look down on someone who has poor hygiene and smells for instance that's very different to my feelings about a murderer or child molester.
Very well put as usual Summer
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you know many ?
There are plenty on the Internet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:47 AM

Some would say, it is all about money and class. Even education and status.
In other words, the ‘haves’ look down on the ‘have nots’?

This sort of attitude disappeared years ago....didn’t it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Why would peeps look down on you for moving ?
Good luck with the move

Hi

I am moving from a big detached on a small private road to a much smaller Ex Council.

It works for me because it is so close to all amenities, walking distance, and a ten minute bus into the Town Centre.

Living in a small village with no public transport to speak of is no fun, however nice the surroundings.

I need to plan for the future.

It is definitely not new BMW and exclusive Golf Club territory where I am moving.

I will probably lower the tone, but they will have to get used to it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some would say, it is all about money and class. Even education and status.
In other words, the ‘haves’ look down on the ‘have nots’?

This sort of attitude disappeared years ago....didn’t it?
Hope so Arty

Sincerely
Mrs Bucket (pronounced Bouquet)....

Yorkshire

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why on earth would anyone look down on you Nom?
I for one admire your wonderful skill at photography and knowledge of birds .
Let s say it started in childhood, made to feel nothing but a burden, it carried on in my early working life, before i finally took the plunge, left home and moved into a flat with a number of friends and gradually grew a pair.

But such a start can leave you feeling vulnerable, after i married i took up martial arts which helped my confidence, so these days those that seek to look down on me, no longer have that power any longer.

Im sure im not alone.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Let s say it started in childhood, made to feel nothing but a burden, it carried on in my early working life, before i finally took the plunge, left home and moved into a flat with a number of friends and gradually grew a pair.

But such a start can leave you feeling vulnerable, after i married i took up martial arts which helped my confidence, so these days those that seek to look down on me, no longer have that power any longer.

Im sure im not alone.
Nom, This sounds more like you have a low self esteem. You need someone to tell you how great you are and restore your confidence.

Someone once said to me, ‘No one is better or different than anyone else.... stick a knife in us and blood comes out of all of us’.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top