Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 10:17 AM

Re: Caution or Courage? What were you taught?

It's a sad reflection of our times, . . I was speaking to my doc last year and telling him of the way kids are'nt secure no more, . . he lives near the Union canal which has a lovely walk on the tow path, he said his kids love to cycle along it but he'd never let them go on their own due to perverts in our society, . . shame really coz he's a busy man.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 12:32 PM

I had freedom to go out for as long as I want to play and play I did! My pals and I would run after the local lorries and hold onto the back of them for a free hurl doon th' street We would climb walls and I never got dirty - because I would have been in trouble!! Played all the childhood games and would stand up to Goliath! Nowadays, children don't play like that at all, or have fun. Some run over to the other side of the road if a cat passes them! They don't know how to play during playtimes at school either.

Sad really! Kids here just want to destroy everything they see and are so cheeky, they swear and some are only 2 years old!!

Good thread this!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Great Thread.

I had a wonderful childhood even though we had little and must say I feel so sorry for the children of today.

I think media has alot to do with it. Even every small storm is treated like an emergency. Parents are living under tons of stress and that passes on to the children.

Children are inactive and becomming obese as a generation of kids. These games on the computer are fun BUT the time involved by some are not allowing for them to learn any of the social graces you learn with real interaction with people. I do feel the computer has made them a smarter generation so their really are good points as well.

On another point the degree of violence in these games is beginning to show up in their personality, its a sad time for them and parents must set limits on everything.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Great Thread.

On another point the degree of violence in these games is beginning to show up in their personality, its a sad time for them and parents must set limits on everything.
I blame this on the stupid games they get on X-Box and the like, . . games like GTA, and shoot-em up stuff.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2009, 05:21 PM

Buzzie's put it very well....agree completely.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top