Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:40 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Morning Everyone Wet morning so far.

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Morning all. So much for the hot weather, it's been raining all morning, I think it's just stopped.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Morning everyone. Sun is shining here and the wind has died down (again) so might be a reasonable day today! Fingers crossed. Hope you all have a good day today whatever you are doing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Good morning all, ah the sun has come out and the rain has stopped, hope springs eternal. I will take my little dog out for a walk later then in for a pint on the way back, things are looking up. I hope all the sick get well and the well stay well.
Enjoy the day folks.

This is Broombridge not far from where I live, it was when walking along this stretch of the Royal Canal that Sir Rowan Hamilton had his mathematical brainwave and scratched it on the bridge wall, now if he hadn't went for a walk on that fateful morning in 1843 we might never have know that, I 2=J2=K2=IJK=-I. H, still haven't a clue what it means but it was a revelation to the eggheads of the time.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I 2=J2=K2=IJK=-I. H, still haven't a clue what it means but it was a revelation to the eggheads of the time.

Lovely

Failed Maths 'O' Level
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 06:50 PM

I have a degree in maths and stats and I don't know what it means; it's perhaps a chemistry or physics formula.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 07:00 PM

Another busy day here, I've been out almost all day, here, there and everywhere. It's been a glorious day though, hot and sunny, no complaints from me.

I hope those with coughs, colds etc soon get well again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
it was when walking along this stretch of the Royal Canal that Sir Rowan Hamilton had his mathematical brainwave and scratched it on the bridge wall, now if he hadn't went for a walk on that fateful morning in 1843 we might never have know that, I 2=J2=K2=IJK=-I. H, still haven't a clue what it means but it was a revelation to the eggheads of the time.
In the equation--i2 = j2 = k2 = ijk = ' 1--i, "j" and "k" are the basis (or a linearly independent spanning set) elements of "H," which determines all the possible products of i, j and k. The quaternions H (with three operations: addition, scalar multiplication and quaternion multiplication) are equal to R4, which is a four-dimensional vector space over the real numbers. The elements of R4 define the sum of the two elements of H. Also the product of an element of H by a real number is defined to be the same as the product in R4.
As clear as mud isn't it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top