Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Re: Thinking thursday

I made my puds Monday/Tuesday
I've had a taste - glorious!
No brandy - Guinness, barley wine and dark rum ... hic!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 04:50 PM

3.50pm here and I have had to put the lights on, couldn't see a thing I was doing!
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:19 PM

Dark, cold and raining here as well.

Curtains already drawn, and Willow, my rabbit, got back into her hutch at 2.30 pm today, as it had started to rain and was beginning to go dark. (She is loose in the garden all day, but I shut her in her hutch at night - foxes!!). More often than not, when the weather is bad, she gets into her hutch of her own accord, but she is a little devil to get in when the days are long and summer is with us. I think that is because she finds lots to eat in the garden during the summer months, but late autumn and winter of course the food supply in the garden slowly dwindles, and she knows she gets fed in her hutch once she is in for the night!. Not as stupid as some people think, rabbits!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Hi, all! Horrid day here, rained all day yesterday, going to rain all day and night and again Friday! Plus a raw East wind; really yucky. It's 4 (39F) now, wind chill 2. Had to go to the Giant for Leia's food, much as I hate shopping in the rain. Going to stay indoors where it's warm the rest of the day!
Sounds rainy on your side of the Pond too ... stay dry and warm.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:39 PM

At least we are warm DM. 14-15C today, so we can't complain about temperature. Still not lit the log burner this winter
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:51 PM

My heat's been on for weeks! Can't stand the cold.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
My heat's been on for weeks! Can't stand the cold.
Ditto DM, . . the last week it's been on 24 hours a day, . . . these old bones of mine need heat, . . speaking of which, . . I'm going in front of the sunlamp later.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

12-11-2009, 09:38 PM

Careful with that sunlamp, Nero ..... skin cancer! I was a sunworshipper all my life, basked in it for hours and ended up with basal cell carcinoma on my nose; had to have surgery!
dinahsmum
SW England

13-11-2009, 01:03 PM

Just to clarify - the heating is on, morning and evening, not through the day. We just haven't needed/felt we wanted to put the log burner on.

Wanda - your rabbit sounds sweet and clever. Not good rabbit weather for a few days, I think
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Just to clarify - the heating is on, morning and evening, not through the day. We just haven't needed/felt we wanted to put the log burner on.

Wanda - your rabbit sounds sweet and clever. Not good rabbit weather for a few days, I think
I think you'll need it on all day tomorrow DM, . . have you seen the forecast.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top