Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Re: Greedy Royalty!!!

What i dont like is when people make debates personal.
by the use of totally unnecessary language ie class warrior , running down , bad mouthing.

If someone cant make a reasoned rebuttal without this sort of thing it rather indicates that they don't have one .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Oooh UJ how could you I love the Royals!! Let's face it they need the hangers on, they too need friends and people they can trust. I wouldn't like to be living their lives, not even for all the luxuries and comforts they hold.
You don't have the choice to lead their lives Venus .
They do have the choice and no one is forcing their hands .
we don't as a country have the choice NOT to financially support them .
I think this is wrong in a democratic country.
If there were a choice those who wished to support them could while those who didn't would not have the money taken form their taxes i wonder how long they would continue to play at being royals.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:51 PM

I still love and admire them
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Thats your choice

I love people who mean something to me and i admire people who have done something worth admiring
without a bunch of lackeys to facilitate their every move.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Hmmm, let's see.

A choice between the Queen and President Cameron or President Corbyn?

A no brainer in my view.
In a democracy if the people didn't want a former PM as president then you wouldn't get one. You get what you vote for. Also, they could be voted out if they didn't live up to expectations.

Plenty of people don't want a King Charles or King William but we have no choice!!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:42 PM

The Queen and D of E finally leave Sandringham today after their brief Christmas holidays!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What i dont like is when people make debates personal.
by the use of totally unnecessary language ie class warrior , running down , bad mouthing.

If someone cant make a reasoned rebuttal without this sort of thing it rather indicates that they don't have one .
I'm afraid you,re taking my words out of context there. The running down and badmouthing was in reference to Joe's posts. Only the class warrior referred to your post and it referred to the attitude displayed not you as a person.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2016, 12:34 AM

Ok I can live with that
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 02:16 AM

How dare you criticise the Royal Family.

If I had my way you'd all be locked up in The Tower but, as I don't have the power to do so and room is limited(the only vacancy is reserved for Assange)I'll have to settle for this:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	262  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2016, 03:23 AM

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top