Join for free
Page 13 of 56 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well there we go again folks, another autumn where somebody mentions flu jabs and one particular member, who hates pharmaceutical companies making money, tries to convince us all that it is a waste of time! .... Note: rest of quote not cited ...
It's been an informative thread ... with both sides entrenched and lecturing if you ask me, not to mention a degree of resorting to piss-taking, which rather derailed the whole thing and defeated the object of imparting information.
Everyone's opinion counts.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:50 PM

Ding ding...time out...Everyone's an expert when the flu-jab threads turn up here year in year out......I'm saying nothing..cos I don't want to be shouted at so You'll just have to guess
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Here’s MY reason ruthio.
Because he was kindly and politely ASKED NOT TO!!! ( period)
If someone asks in THEIR thread NOT to post information that is upsetting to others , many others, and you still keep doing it, it’s looked at as a form of aggression. If I was walking down the road with my dogs and someone came up to me and started lecturing me about stuff I DID NOT want to hear and I verbally expressed how I felt about it but they just kept talking and bothering me then, believe it or not, it’s a form of abuse. It’s unwanted and the if person KNOWS IT but doesn’t care, it’s considered rude & INCONSIDERATE!

What realspeed is doing on the forum is the equivalent of a person following you around and lecturing you without your consent. It’s the exact opposite of being gentlemanly and in my opinion people at this site deserve to be treated with respect and common courtesy which doesn’t seem all too common for realspeed. He just DOES NOT care that members don’t like it.

I’m actually shocked that you’d turn this around into US being rude and aggressive.
I don't get into arguments - but apolgies Bratti, just being pedantic, it's Realist not Realspeed
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Here’s MY reason ruthio.
Because he was kindly and politely ASKED NOT TO!!! ( period)
Worst claim to make on a forum ... threads are not exclusive to one member , or one group who happen to agree with each other and choose to freeze out any other member from contributing.

The rest of your post speaks for itself.
You don't want anyone to offer an alternate view.

In future, perhaps whoever the thread starter was should post it in Self-Mod and then they can choose to exclude Realist if they want?
Assuming, of course, that that is the kind of forum they prefer.
Note: I'm not sticking up for Realist's views here ... but his right to express them without mockery or personal attack.

If someone asks in THEIR thread NOT to post information that is upsetting to others , many others, and you still keep doing it, it’s looked at as a form of aggression. If I was walking down the road with my dogs and someone came up to me and started lecturing me about stuff I DID NOT want to hear and I verbally expressed how I felt about it but they just kept talking and bothering me then, believe it or not, it’s a form of abuse. It’s unwanted and the if person KNOWS IT but doesn’t care, it’s considered rude & INCONSIDERATE!

What realspeed is doing on the forum is the equivalent of a person following you around and lecturing you without your consent. It’s the exact opposite of being gentlemanly and in my opinion people at this site deserve to be treated with respect and common courtesy which doesn’t seem all too common for realspeed. He just DOES NOT care that members don’t like it.

I’m actually shocked that you’d turn this around into US being rude and aggressive
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:56 PM

There is no place on an open public forum for those who would censor opinions and views of others. You're in the wrong place.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Ding ding...time out...Everyone's an expert when the flu-jab threads turn up here year in year out......I'm saying nothing..cos I don't want to be shouted at so You'll just have to guess
I enjoyed reading it .. I like both views and will try and remember all of it for when I'm eligible for a jab.
Unless we have this every year then it'll be like an annual refresher course.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 01:59 PM

No , of course, threads aren’t exclusive but if enough people are asking politely for a member to stop posting information in a thread because it’s upsetting others and they keep doing so then, IN MY OPINION, it’s considered pushy and aggressive. Most people don’t want to be lectured by members who are pushy and aggressive. Do they NOT have a right to say so and have it taken seriously? OR is it that this is a forum so common courtesy gets tossed out the window?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-09-2018, 02:07 PM

Wind your neck in Bratti ... you're the one who is in danger of sounding like you're lecturing and dictating what is acceptable.
Forums are not supposed to be that way.
Or if they are, I'm clearly in the wrong place or have too high expectations.
Everyone is entitled to post their opinion on a subject .. not the person who has posted the opinion.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Whatever Mortica. You seem to thrive off drama .
To be brutally honest I couldn’t give a flying fork at this point.
If you want to keep fighting , it’s WITHOUT me cause I certainly don’t get off on it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Not so.

Just because you and Meg think a certain way doesn't cut the mustard for others.

I can't belive you STILL think that having the jab prevents you from catching the 'flu...it doesnt!!

At best it might, and it's a slim 'might', cause it to be less severe, at worst you'd be better off with a daily dose of elderberry syrup.

Why do you two plus Mups, Bratti, Annie, turn an interesting argument into an offensive personal vendetta against someone who is simply presenting you with facts to read.

If you don't want to read it then why can't you do what you're always advocating and simply ignore the posts?

Your fun at his expense is simply embarrassing.
Tara had to endure it, so did Julie, from different people, but it's not a good 'look' for the forum.
Ruthio I have never thought that it stops you catching the flu try reading my post again where it says
"They do not prevent you from catching the disease, but they do help your body to produce sufficient antitoxins to fight the disease."

If I have done anything wrong I am sure the mods will bring it to my attention, which they haven't so far! If somebody continually posts something we don't agree with the others, you have mentioned, and myself are entitled to state our opinions against what they have said, that is what forums are for. Admin will tell us if we break any rules!
I can accept opposing opinions, but some get upset, so that is the reason why I tell them to ignore things.

If you agree with Realist, that is your choice, but I and many others do not, so I hope you are not suggesting we should just let him say what he likes without challenging it. After all he has told us that he enjoys debating, so I don't think that he would ignore it, like you suggested I should.

Page 13 of 56 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top