Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 10:09 PM

CHRISTMAS at the Gas Station...read to the end pt 2

Part 2 ...

The stranger put his hand on George's shoulder. "But you do celebrate the holiday, George. You gave me food and drink and warmed me when I was cold and hungry. The woman with child will bear a son and he will become a great doctor.
The policeman you helped will go on to save 19 people from being killed by terrorists. The young man who tried to rob you will make you a rich man and not take any for himself. "That is the spirit of the season and you keep it as good as any man."
George was taken aback by all this stranger had said. "And how do you know all this?" asked the old man.
"Trust me, George. I have the inside track on this sort of thing. And when your days are done you will be with Martha again."
The stranger moved toward the door. "If you will excuse me, George, I have to go now. I have to go home where there is a big celebration planned."
George watched as the old leather jacket and the torn pants that the stranger was wearing turned into a white robe. A golden light began to fill the room.
"You see, George ... it's My birthday. Merry Christmas."
George fell to his knees and replied, "Happy Birthday, Lord Jesus"
This story is better than any greeting card.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS!

Now clear the lump from your throat, blow your nose, and send this along to a friend of yours or someone who may need a reminder as to why we celebrate Christmas.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Re: CHRISTMAS at the Gas Station...read to the end pt 2

I actually did have a lump in my throat by the end, what a great story.

I am a Christian as is my whole family and go to Church every Sunday but even I need reminding of what things are REALLY about every now and then.

Thank you so much for posting that.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 08:47 AM

We're all entitled to our own personal beilefs. I had all this type of story stuffed down my throat by a staunch Presbyterian upbringing, but by my teens, I had had enough and rejected it all.

So for the last (almost) 50 years I have been an athiest / humanist. I believe in an inherent goodness in people (well most of them) - god does not come into it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:40 AM

Grumblewagon I agree with your sentiments. Most people are (mostly) good but the bad ones amongst us have an impact beyond their numbers.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
We're all entitled to our own personal beilefs. I had all this type of story stuffed down my throat by a staunch Presbyterian upbringing, but by my teens, I had had enough and rejected it all.

So for the last (almost) 50 years I have been an athiest / humanist. I believe in an inherent goodness in people (well most of them) - god does not come into it.
George matey, you lasted till your teens??? - by the age of 8 I had had enough and have been an Atheist ever since!!!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Sorry I don't believe there is a God and never will and I hate Christmas. Every year you get stuff like this. Your life is how you make it. Sorry Steve but it doesn't cut any ice with me I'm afraid.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top