Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

09-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Re: When did you last move home?

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thanks. Finally got the front door key (still need lots of others, but it's a start) at 5pm yesterday. Busy weekend ahead...

Thats good news

Hope it all goes well for you now x x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2011, 09:30 PM

First load taken over last night and a few books put on shelves. Always makes me feel comforted when I see some of my books out. A convoy of four cars went back and forth several times today - my friends are stars! - and tomorrow it will be just two cars. By Monday should be in.

I'm happily worn out and about to have a wallow in the bath...
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 09:20 AM

Have been in our present house 25 years - dont think I'll move again - have spent so much time and money on my garden - I wouldn't want to leave it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2011, 06:07 PM

I hope I never have to move again! I'm getting to old for this...But it has been worth it and I'm enjoying planning how I am going to make my mark on this place. Just too tired to do it for now!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2011, 09:45 PM

I'm dreading moving to a studio apartment in a senior retirement community: I have to dispose of most of the stuff from an 8 room house that's accumulated for 46 years!!!! This is a way in the future after I have my surgery and recovery....
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 09:48 AM

we moved into this house about 12 years ago, we watched it being built so I am quite attached to it, we will probably move again though when we both retire to be nearer family
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'm dreading moving to a studio apartment in a senior retirement community: I have to dispose of most of the stuff from an 8 room house that's accumulated for 46 years!!!! This is a way in the future after I have my surgery and recovery....
Try not to think about moving just yet Eileen - as you say it is a way in the future. You may find it will be possible to stay at home. Just get over your surgery and decide about it later, if you really have to. Chin up. Rena.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Try not to think about moving just yet Eileen - as you say it is a way in the future. You may find it will be possible to stay at home. Just get over your surgery and decide about it later, if you really have to. Chin up. Rena.

I agree with this ............ Give yourself some time x x
nicebutdim
New Member!
United Kingdom
nicebutdim is male 

16-06-2011, 11:08 AM

This year end our period of rent is going to end so we should shift to a new home in 2012.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 06:47 AM

I moved last year but i was only in my last house for 2 years its all down to husband getting to his job .I am very keen on moving again as i do not like it here at all.I want to move back where we came from.Moving is hard work and very stressful i keep leaving gardens behind i have created and i still hanker after a garden i spent 21 years doing.I try not to keep any junk or clutter then when i move again it wont be hard ..Not sure i will be moving for a year or so though..As husband likes it here which makes it more difficult to move him..

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top