Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Re: More transitioning people

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If a marriage is only about sex then it's doomed anyway, some couples never have sex and still love each other.
sex is an important part of a relationship to some people.

If it were me I am not sure I would want to carry on the relationship because I think it would be like living with a stranger. Please note I say I am not sure. I can't say for sure because I've never been in that situation thankfully.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 08:58 PM

I think it would be up to the individual couple in that situation, whether one should be someone they don't want to be to keep a marriage or the other should let them go.

There are so many different scenarios it's difficult to say what you'd do.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think it would be up to the individual couple in that situation, whether one should be someone they don't want to be to keep a marriage or the other should let them go.

There are so many different scenarios it's difficult to say what you'd do.
exactly, thats what I said in my last post. Of course it's up to the individual couple, no two couples are the same and there is no right or wrong in this. It works for some, not for others and no one should be made to feel guilty if they choose to walk away. Well, that's how I look at it anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Look at these pics of Talisa Garcia who plays Kim Vogel in the new series, Baptiste.... So beautiful but would you have guessed?
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, probably and hopefully before it was too late.
It wouldn't matter to me that she used to be a bloke, if she turns me on because she is so attractive I can't help that, and once I got to know her and we loved each other it wouldn't change my feelings for her....As long as she didn't grow a beard and spit.....

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It wouldn't matter to me that she used to be a bloke, if she turns me on because she is so attractive I can't help that, and once I got to know her and we loved each other it wouldn't change my feelings for her....As long as she didn't grow a beard and spit.....

No, no and kinda NO......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
No, no and kinda NO......
Sometimes a blokes decision doesn't come from his head Fender......

That's one of the fundamental differences between a man and a woman....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes a blokes decision doesn't come from his head Fender......

That's one of the fundamental differences between a man and a woman....
Mebbe so, but I doubt I could rise to the occasion....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:18 PM

In a funny sort of way, it might be easier to accept a man who was trans if I weren't emotionally involved with him.

But I am pretty sure if I had a hairy, hunky husband who I loved very much, then I came home unexpected to find him in satin knickers and using my perfume, I don't think I would cope very well at all.

I don't like secrets, especially over something of such life-changing importance.
All the years we had shared a bed, the children we made, the joys, happiness and problems we sorted, yet suddenly it would feel like I didn't know him at all.

I think it would be the deceipt that would do me, but with someone you weren't emotionally attached to there would not be the same feeling of bewilderment and deceipt.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

19-02-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In a funny sort of way, it might be easier to accept a man who was trans if I weren't emotionally involved with him.

But I am pretty sure if I had a hairy, hunky partner who I loved very much, then I came home unexpected to find him in satin knickers and using my perfume, I don't think I would cope very well at all.

I don't like secrets, especially over something of such life-changing importance, and it would feel like I didn't know him at all.
you worded it much better than I did, this is just how I feel mups
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:07 PM

I wonder, if some people would react differently if it were their son or daughter, than they would to their husband, wife or partner?

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top