Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 08:30 PM

Let Them Eat Cake

So! now the Dieticians and Doctors are recommending that the elderly and underweight people eat cake as part of their diet. This is due to the fact that they don't eat enough to keep healthy, and many are very underweight.
They do not cook or eat much fruit or vegetables.
Chocolate cake is a favourite and the sugar and fat content makes your weight stable.
I think Elderly people like me,..should eat what they like when they like.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 08:47 PM

Re: Let Them Eat Cake

Well ... if they are not going to cook proper meals they are hardly like to make their own cakes - and shop bought cakes are lethal!

Oh - maybe that is the intention - kill us all off so they don't have to pay our pensions any more!

What rot - I am elderly (according to some) and I healthy stuff - probably more than I should! They do come out with some weird statements.

Last time I saw my GP she had a go at me for eating butter!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well ... if they are not going to cook proper meals they are hardly like to make their own cakes - and shop bought cakes are lethal!

Oh - maybe that is the intention - kill us all off so they don't have to pay our pensions any more!

What rot - I am elderly (according to some) and I healthy stuff - probably more than I should! They do come out with some weird statements.

Last time I saw my GP she had a go at me for eating butter!
For goodness sakes Tabby, she needs to shut up, a little of what we fancy in moderation is fine.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:12 PM

That is what I believe as well,LQ. I did ask her if she had ever read the ingredients on a packet of 'low fat spread' - she admitted that she not!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is what I believe as well,LQ. I did ask her if she had ever read the ingredients on a packet of 'low fat spread' - she admitted that she not!
exactly, the silly woman doesn't kow what she's talking about
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
So! now the Dieticians and Doctors are recommending that the elderly and underweight people eat cake as part of their diet. This is due to the fact that they don't eat enough to keep healthy, and many are very underweight.
They do not cook or eat much fruit or vegetables.
Chocolate cake is a favourite and the sugar and fat content makes your weight stable.
I think Elderly people like me,..should eat what they like when they like.

... another Marie Antoinette quote?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:41 PM

Cake won't make people healthy. Quite the opposite in fact! And this is the NHS talking is it? Shame on them
Give them all protein shakes.

They need sorting out with a correct, balanced diet, not junk food. Besides, lots of old people live on cake anyway and perhaps they have earned the right to eat it as they may not have too long left.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Cake won't make people healthy. Quite the opposite in fact! And this is the NHS talking is it? Shame on them
Give them all protein shakes.

They need sorting out with a correct, balanced diet, not junk food. Besides, lots of old people live on cake anyway and perhaps they have earned the right to eat it as they may not have too long left.
Talking of protein shakes Floydy youve just reminded me, there was a programme on this morning with Gloria Hunniford called Food Truth or Scare and it was on about that we don't need as much protein as they are saying and that it can be bad to have too much, I think thats what it was saying anyway as I was on my way out and didn't have time to watch it properly.

We never know what to do or whether we are doing things right as someone is always contradicting things.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Talking of protein shakes Floydy youve just reminded me, there was a programme on this morning with Gloria Hunniford called Food Truth or Scare and it was on about that we don't need as much protein as they are saying and that it can be bad to have too much, I think thats what it was saying anyway as I was on my way out and didn't have time to watch it properly.

We never know what to do or whether we are doing things right as someone is always contradicting things.
Actually protein shakes are not the answer to excercise and fitness like many think they are. I stopped taking them last year after drinking one probably every day for at least 20 years. They can build and maintain muscle certainly but they also pile on weight as the diet ones are full of sugar.
Youngsters joining the gym take them thinking they will instantly get big muscles overnight and don't even exercise properly using the correct techniques. They invariably get nowhere but end up spending a fortune on these shakes.
Giving them to old people a few times a week would do them good though as they need to keep their weight and strength up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-03-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Actually protein shakes are not the answer to excercise and fitness like many think they are. I stopped taking them last year after drinking one probably every day for at least 20 years. They can build and maintain muscle certainly but they also pile on weight as the diet ones are full of sugar.
Youngsters joining the gym take them thinking they will instantly get big muscles overnight and don't even exercise properly using the correct techniques. They invariably get nowhere but end up spending a fortune on these shakes.
Giving them to old people a few times a week would do them good though as they need to keep their weight and strength up.
Not as much good as proper food!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top