Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 05:54 PM

An opinion of 'boris' ??? - the man in the balloon

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below.
He descended a bit more and shouted, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The woman below replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground.
You’re between 59 and 60 degrees north latitude and between 107 and 108 degrees west longitude.”

“You must be an engineer,” said the balloonist.

“I am,” replied the woman, “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I’ve no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I’m still lost.
Frankly, you’ve not been much help at all. If anything, you’ve delayed my trip.”

The woman below responded, “You must be a politician”

“I am,” replied the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” said the woman, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going.
You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air.
You made a promise, which you’ve no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems.
The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it’s my fault.”
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 06:13 PM

Re: An opinion of 'boris' ??? - the man in the balloon

Very good!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 06:20 PM

I really don't know why there are so many MP's, such as Boris, intent on becoming the next British Prime Minister, as it will only be a caretaker role until a soon to be General Election and they are all shown the door. A new political era is coming, one which is sorely overdue. The Tories had their chance to act upon the will of the people, to be innovators of a new and exciting time of going it alone, but they chose instead to bow down to London and S.W.1 and betray the rest of the country that voted Leave. They made their choice and will have to live with the consequences. Politics will never be the same in the UK after this.

The same goes for the Labour Party with the betrayal of their own Northern heartlands. Their time too is definitely coming to a close.

I cannot wait for Nigel and his fellow MEP's (who knows, maybe even MP's) to be in a position to tell the bullying EU unelected, where to go.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 06:25 PM

Very sorry, but Farage is up there in his own hot air balloon, I'm afraid!

In fact the skies are getting so crowded, it could be Bristol!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I really don't know why there are so many MP's, such as Boris, intent on becoming the next British Prime Minister, as it will only be a caretaker role until a soon to be General Election and they are all shown the door. A new political era is coming, one which is sorely overdue. The Tories had their chance to act upon the will of the people, to be innovators of a new and exciting time of going it alone, but they chose instead to bow down to London and S.W.1 and betray the rest of the country that voted Leave. They made their choice and will have to live with the consequences. Politics will never be the same in the UK after this.

The same goes for the Labour Party with the betrayal of their own Northern heartlands. Their time too is definitely coming to a close.

I cannot wait for Nigel and his fellow MEP's (who knows, maybe even MP's) to be in a position to tell the bullying EU unelected, where to go.
Please God I hope your right. Not the Farage bit but the first part about getting rid of this government.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Get rid of all MPs and PM. Bring in the army’s and martial law.
Pyxell
South of England

22-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Get rid of all MPs and PM. Bring in the army’s and martial law.
Wow! That would solve everything!

Not.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Very sorry, but Farage is up there in his own hot air balloon, I'm afraid!

In fact the skies are getting so crowded, it could be Bristol!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Very good UJ! First bit of sense from you for a long time!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Very good UJ! First bit of sense from you for a long time!

Regards Donkeyman!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8927211.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top