Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 07:43 AM

Re: What motivates you these days?

Living in London with a free bus/tube pass.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

15-08-2019, 08:38 AM

My daughter who is 14. She is home schooled but is off to college part time in September.
Also the Autumn carnivals are approaching so am under pressure to get costumes finished for those.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Our wonderful children and grandchildren motivate me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:01 AM

Still being able to look after my house, garden and myself in a failing body is the motivation which gets me out of bed every day.

Many of us don't give much thought to being well enough to do all the things we like doing until we lose that ability.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:13 AM

I motivate myself to do things. If l didn’t, l would give up and go under.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Dostoyevsky said in so many words " if there is no God then life IS meaningless. No accountability. We can do whatever we like. No judgement day no problem. "
He was clearly a fool.

There can be no bigger definition of meaningless than a world full of people created by a god who then sits by idly whilst they all suffer, dying from awful diseases, being tortured, being sexually abused, even as tiny children, living hand to mouth, being exploited by wicked people and so on.

Meaning can be found by simply sitting back and taking in Nature and marvelling at the way it has evolved and grown into a self sustaining entity.

Meaning can be found in one's exposure to life, from the journey itself.

Meaning can be found from helping others in that same journey, from bonding with others, feeling love and compassion.

That we are engineered in some way is not in question imho. Our DNA and the rest of it are simply computer instructions, blueprints for the building of a human being, an animal, of relatively advanced nature (Earthly speaking) and designed for the purpose of work and servitude. Biological robots who don't, for the most part, realise that they are robots. Limited knowledge, limited "life" spans, limited capabilities.

The idea that the "creators" or designers are "God" is ludicrous when one looks all around at the world each day. There simply can not be an all powerful, all loving, all knowing God present on Earth.

They are not "Gods" but simply more advanced life forms who created humans for either their pleasure, or as a slave race or as a passing fancy.

Whatever they did, they have long since "left the building" and left mankind to flounder in it's vulnerable state. A state which will ultimately see the entire species destroy itself.

It seems patently clear that there is no judgement, there are no rules, mankind IS free to do whatever it wants and thus the age old rule of "survival of the fittest/strongest" applies and always has done.

The limitations on my life are put there by other human beings. They have created laws which we must adhere to otherwise they will forcibly take us and incarcerate us. Rule of the strongest in action.

The strong make war on others. They use vast military capability to bomb other countries, millions of military personnel to kill others, achieve objectives and so on.

A level of stability is maintained by creating and maintaining the illusion of religion and an imaginary all powerful god which is underpinned by years of childhood brainwashing and social conditioning.

I'm under no allusions as to who and what I am and the prison I am incarcerated in on this planet. My life span is purposely and artificially stunted, my access to "real food" taken away, my ability to "get on" in the world highly restricted by taxes and other mechanisms.

We are a slave race. We are born into that slave world, placed on the working treadmill and put in an environment where you can only survive by staying on that treadmill most of your life.

If you want meaning, then you must see the world for what it is. See who and what humans are and how they have been "bottled" and caged in order to meet the needs of "someone else".

That someone else is not God.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
He was clearly a fool.

There can be no bigger definition of meaningless than a world full of people created by a god who then sits by idly whilst they all suffer, dying from awful diseases, being tortured, being sexually abused, even as tiny children, living hand to mouth, being exploited by wicked people and so on.

Meaning can be found by simply sitting back and taking in Nature and marvelling at the way it has evolved and grown into a self sustaining entity.

Meaning can be found from helping others in that same journey, from bonding with others, feeling love and compassion.

That we are engineered in some way is not in question imho. Our DNA and the rest of it are simply computer instructions, blueprints for the building of a human being, an animal, of relatively advanced nature (Earthly speaking) and designed for the purpose of work and servitude. Biological robots who don't, for the most part, realise that they are robots. Limited knowledge, limited "life" spans, limited capabilities.

The idea that the "creators" or designers are "God" is ludicrous when one looks all around at the world each day. There simply can not be an all powerful, all loving, all knowing God present on Earth.

They are not "Gods" but simply more advanced life forms who created humans for either their pleasure, or as a slave race or as a passing fancy.

Whatever they did, they have long since "left the building" and left mankind to flounder in it's vulnerable state. A state which will ultimately see the entire species destroy itself.

It seems patently clear that there is no judgement, there are no rules, mankind IS free to do whatever it wants and thus the age old rule of "survival of the fittest/strongest" applies and always has done.

The limitations on my life are put there by other human beings. They have created laws which we must adhere to otherwise they will forcibly take us and incarcerate us. Rule of the strongest in action.

The strong make war on others. They use vast military capability to bomb other countries, millions of military personnel to kill others, achieve objectives and so on.

A level of stability is maintained by creating and maintaining the illusion of religion and an imaginary all powerful god which is underpinned by years of childhood brainwashing and social conditioning.

I'm under no allusions as to who and what I am and the prison I am incarcerated in on this planet. My life span is purposely and artificially stunted, my access to "real food" taken away, my ability to "get on" in the world highly restricted by taxes and other mechanisms.

We are a slave race. We are born into that slave world, placed on the working treadmill and put in an environment where you can only survive by staying on that treadmill most of your life.

If you want meaning, then you must see the world for what it is. See who and what humans are and how they have been "bottled" and caged in order to meet the needs of "someone else".

STOP!! My brain is full. I mean this is good stuff man. Seriously. But I'll settle for the cricket right now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:51 AM

I dont feel the need to always be out and about or with people all the time and I dont often make plans other than pre arranged dates. It took me a lifetime to like my own company and I reached it a few years ago and its wonderful to spend time with myself .

I have a couple of friends who are always out or with others or making plans which for them is nice but I think maybe its issues with not wanting to be alone .

I often do things alone and enjoy it because I can be selfwise ( not selfish ) and do what I want instead of what someone else wants to do .
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
He was clearly a fool.

Long Post but I forgive you. I would suggest you read Chestertons Orthodoxy but it might go over your head.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Once a week when I have my bubble bath instead of my daily shower. I spend at least 5 minutes motivating myself to do it, but oh, the feeling of success as I finally stand up in the bath without the use of any aids, by myself and without the help of He who must obey, is the most wonderful feeling. (especially as the brain is always willing but the limbs have a mind of their own!),

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top