Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:35 AM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

As can be plainly seen in my last 3 posts, Solasch ignores the point made and simply constructs a reply on a completely different topic.

So I will say again for readers here, the tragic events we have witnessed from our despicable parliament this week can all be undone. Remainers like Solasch don't want to concede this and prefer to divert the discourse.

Our MPs have just created and voted through a Bill that prevents our PM from taking the "No Deal" option. It is skulduggery of the worse kind and a clear intent to obstruct and overturn the referendum decision.

However, IF YOU REMOVE those MPs from parliament and in their place install a parliament who respect the referendum and who are NOT working for the EU, then we can simply bring that ridiculous bill back to the House, debate it again, propose that it is repealed and remove it. That done, we can once again pursue the "No Deal" option, which is our STRONGEST option for getting a good deal with the EU.

All that is required to achieve this is for there to be a General Election and for the electorate to vote in a combination of Tory and BrExit parties. Then we can get back on track.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Realist posted:-

All that is required to achieve this is for there to be a General Election and for the electorate to vote in a combination of Tory and BrExit parties. Then we can get back on track.

Good post.

Also, those now feeling that they might "give up", because fighting for Brexit has become such a waste of time should remember the old motto:-

"I never bear a grudge - once I've got even"

We need to stick at it!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:01 AM

Oh indeed. This is very far from over.

We MUST have a General Election and thereby remove from post these despicable traitors actively working against the UK electorate.

That being the case you can see why all concerned have done everything possible to prevent an election from happening.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:08 AM

We will leave in spite of the best efforts of the likes of Blair and Grieve to quote Robert Peston in an article written in early August ...

There is no chance of any negotiating breakthrough this side of 20 September, or indeed of any serious negotiations taking place between Johnson and the EU till the end of September- because the likes of Tony Blair and the rebel Tory MP Dominic Grieve have persuaded EU leaders that when MPs return to the Commons on 3 September they will find a way to block a no deal Brexit.'
I have spoken and written extensively about how MPs have the power to frustrate no deal (through legislation annulling a no-deal Brexit as the default option, or bringing down the Johnson administration''

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-09/...robert-peston/
Remember Blair also tried to get a new party going with Umunna and even sourced funding and that failed miserably.

I firmly believe we will leave the EU and I have a pretty good idea how it will happen but I am not going to say here.

We will I think leave with a deal, it will not be the deal many want but at least we will be out of the EU and that alone will be better than letting the manipulators who tred to stop us leaving win.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:26 AM

I was going to start a new thread, and still might, but just want to say that we can see how the parties are going to stand in the forthcoming election. Probably before the end of the year, but sooner the better.

LibDems and other small parties will be all out revoke A50.
Labour’s Brexit policy (this week, at least) is to get a different deal then have a referendum where they say “don’t vote for our deal, vote remain”. This policy will probably morph into all out remain/revoke.
That just leaves Conservatives (assuming BoJo survives) and Brexit party on the Brexit side. IMO, an electoral deal between the two is unavoidable, and probably essential.

Because this next election is our last chance
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
That's how they want you to think, SG!

I'm hoping that you do stay in the fight.

You put in some of the best arguments for the Brexiteers.

Don't leave us now, please!

LOL, thank you for your kind words Tedc. Don't worry, I was probably just so angry and fed up at the time after having to endure seeing Remainer after Remainer after Remainer being given airtime, calling Boris and Cummings every vile name under the sun, without one single Leave MP being able to be allowed to have their say. I was in such a bad mood, which is certainly not my usual nature.(my swear box is getting fuller by the day! It just goes to show how the circus in town is affecting us all.

This morning hasn't helped. Those turds have now put forward a bill demanding all correspondence concerning the prorogation of Parliament, including all government staff's personal phones be handed over to the opposition to look through.]

What kind of bullying puppet Parliament do we have that sinks to such a new low by demanding that new, young government civil servant staff have their own personal phones taken off them for other eyes to read their personal correspondence? TURDS!

They are sick.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, thank you for your kind words Tedc. Don't worry, I was probably just so angry and fed up at the time after having to endure seeing Remainer after Remainer after Remainer being given airtime, calling Boris and Cummings every vile name under the sun, without one single Leave MP being able to be allowed to have their say. I was in such a bad mood, which is certainly not my usual nature.(my swear box is getting fuller by the day! It just goes to show how the circus in town is affecting us all.

This morning hasn't helped. Those turds have now put forward a bill demanding all correspondence concerning the prorogation of Parliament, including all government staff's personal phones be handed over to the opposition to look through.]

What kind of bullying puppet Parliament do we have that sinks to such a new low by demanding that new, young government civil servant staff have their own personal phones taken off them for other eyes to read their personal correspondence? TURDS!

They are sick.

That's better!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

They are sick.
Calm down SG there might be a bit of a problem reading any correspondence, I understand Cummings advocated no email to be used and to stick to encrypted communication.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Well, Boris again repeated during the Election Debate, that he WILL NOT , categorically WILL NOT be writing to ask for a Brexit extension to 31st October.
The usual accusation about him breaking the law were thrown around coming from one corner or another.

He is ,I believe playing on words or a very slim line of balance. He did at one point , during the same accusation about him breaking the law but not given in his exact words, say "I didn't say that " .

However, he seems absolutely committed to delivering Brexit ,one way or another on the 31st October.
I firmly believe that he is so committed and passionate about Brexit, that he would even spend a time behind bars to see it through.
He'd consider it to be an heroic move but also an experience and used to further his career.

Here are a few calculations of what could ,would, might happen ! Even now nobody know.. All the legal beagles, trained and qualified in the law in this country, at the top Universities ,and no one seems to have the same answer.

https://davidallengreen.com/2019/09/...ng-article-50/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-09-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I firmly believe we will leave the EU and I have a pretty good idea how it will happen but I am not going to say here.

We will I think leave with a deal, it will not be the deal many want but at least we will be out of the EU and that alone will be better than letting the manipulators who tred to stop us leaving win.
There's the rub Meg and it's the reason why WE WON'T ever leave.

Any deal proposed by the EU will NOT actually see us leave at all. The deal they gave May to present to parliament was an absolute travesty and insult to the British people. It disrespects totally the people's wish to be rid of the EU and effectively sticks 2 fingers up to the British people.

It's clear from that singular dictatorial act that they will never offer us any real deal.

It was for that reason that Boris realised that we MUST FIRST LEAVE and then negotiate a deal to get anything like a decent deal.

That option has now been removed by traitorous MPs working for the EU.

It must be understood that the problem with "May's Deal" is NOT simply the Irish Backstop. It has a multitude of totally unacceptable clauses that mean the UK remains in the EU indefinitely and would be bound by their rules and the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

That deal must not simply be shelved, it must be incinerated completely never to appear again.

We have been placed in a totally untenable position by traitors to this country. That situation must be fixed.

A General Election is the way to do that.

The EU is NEVER going to allow us to leave. NEVER.

It is up to the British people to remove the current parliament and in its place install MPs who are committed to taking us out of the EU properly.

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top