Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 04:48 PM

Re: Alistair Stewart

Signed.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 09:54 PM

Just Signed. Now just over 67,000.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 10:35 AM

This journalist has got it spot on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...rced-exit.html

The woke totalitarians would not succeed if we all stood up for our friends when we know they have been wrongly accused. I am told by people inside ITN that there is serious unhappiness about the way in which Stewart has been pushed out.

Over the course of his career, he has worked with many people, of many different backgrounds.

Gradually, these people are coming out of the woodwork, both privately and publicly, saying what a gentleman he is, how kind he has been – and that, of course, he does not have a racist bone in his body.

So perhaps some proper pressure could be applied here. There is already a public petition under way to get Stewart reinstated. But how about a combination of public and private pressure? How about the people who gave Stewart the heave-ho start to fear for their jobs?

At present, bosses everywhere get a whiff of controversy and cut and run. There is no upside, they think, to standing by their man. Well there should be. Otherwise we will continue to live in a country based on the success of the most 'offended'.

Next time a similar case occurs, the bosses should weigh up the pros and cons and realise that disloyalty to people who have been loyal to you should incur a cost.

Let's see them explain why a long career can be destroyed in a second by bullies on social media.

That way, we might correct the balance in this country – a balance that is sorely needed and which will serve us well in the years ahead.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 10:43 AM

71,806 have signed.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
71,806 have signed.

Brilliant!

I really do think it's time we start fighting back against this so called 'woke' tosspot culture that plagues us here in Britain. Time to weaken the wokes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:37 PM

I agree it’s wrong
.....but Alistair is 67 years old .
He has been earning huge BBC wages practically four decades so he doesn’t need the dosh so maybe he could retire or so something else meaningful .
A new chapter .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree it’s wrong
He has been earning huge BBC wages practically four decades so he doesn’t need the dosh so maybe he could retire or so something else meaningful .
A new chapter .
ITN Muddy not BBC.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 04:55 PM

75,002 have signed.

https://www.change.org/p/itv-get-ala...ed-back-on-itv

100,000 is a possibility .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree it’s wrong
A new chapter .
That's not the point. He is being forced out by the comments of ONE complainant backed up by the usual loud-mouthed rent-a-mob, easily offended brigade on Twitter.

It's one of the reasons why I closed my Twitter account. Got so sick of the lefty 'right on' abuse targetting those who don't agree with their perspective. Even the 'News Quiz' which I used to subscribe to became infested with the lefty brigade.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
that's not the point. He is being forced out by the comments of one complainant backed up by the usual loud-mouthed rent-a-mob, easily offended brigade on twitter.

It's one of the reasons why i closed my twitter account. Got so sick of the lefty 'right on' abuse targetting those who don't agree with their perspective. Even the 'news quiz' which i used to subscribe to became infested with the lefty brigade.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top