Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Instantly memorable TV program(s) from your youth

Today at work we had a light-hearted discussion about TV programs from our youth and I mentioned a few from my youth. After the discussion finished it got me thinking, this type of topic has done the rounds before, with friends, family and work colleagues throughout the years and I realised I found myself mentioning without hesitation, the same TV programs each time. Obviously there must have been some TV programs that were so impressionable on me when I was young that I am instantly able to remember them without any hesitation and give the name of the program.

Therefore it got me thinking, I wonder what the members of this forum think would be their own replies. So, my question is this, when in your youth, what TV programs made such an impression on you that if/when you ever get into the same type of discussion about TV programs as I do, what are the TV programs that you can instantly recall and are able to name without any hesitation? If you ever go 'hhmmm','errrr','it's on the tip of my tongue', then that program does not count .

For me, the ones I found that I able to instantly recall and name without hesitation when having such a discussion are:

Playschool
Tizwas
Grange Hill

There are many many others that come close but I have found that I always have a 1 or 2 second pause before I answer but with the 3 I have mentioned, no pause, I name them instantly, which to me means that those 3 programs must have made such an impression on me when I was young that even still today, I can recall the names of those 3 TV programs without any hesitation when asked about what TV programs I can remember from my youth.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:32 PM

Re: Instantly memorable TV program(s) from your youth

Two programmes that immediately came to mind were ....

Wagon Train

Rawhide
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:38 PM

My recollections are of .....

Bonanza, about Ben Cartright and his sons
Crackerjack, with Leslie Crowthers
Swap Shop, with Noel Edmonds
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:39 PM

For me it was
Blue peter
Batman
Thunderbirds
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:46 PM

Six Five special.

O Boy

Ready steady Go

O Boy being my Fav
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 08:16 PM

Was O Boy the one with Cliff and Marty Wilde ?

The Flower Pot Men. Very educational they were.
Quatermass and the Pit.Very scary.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 08:57 PM

The Avengers
The Saint
Z Cars
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:47 PM

The one that impressed me most was the one I instantly thought of “Star Trek” the original.
Then for suspense “The Fugitive” a bit drawn out but every episode had him narrowly escape the law.
And for comedy “The Honeymooners”
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Doctor Who.

Oh, how I wish they'd bring that programme back again.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 11:00 PM

How, with Jack Hargreaves, Fred Dineage, Bunty James, and Jon Miller
Magpie with Susan Stranks (be still my beating heart. )
Tomorrow People
Ace of Wands

To name but a few.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top