Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:44 AM

Re: If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

Originally Posted by carol ->
I like your decor very much Pauline. x

Thank you Carol,my living room looks really crammed and small on camera,but it isn’t that small.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Nope I'm not immaculate and I dont aspire to be...it annoys me when people say if you keep your house clean it must mean its not comfortable or welcoming to visitors...that's not true not in least. Pals and family are always welcome and grandkids make sure they fill every corner with toys paper planes sweety papers and sticky finger prints....I just clear up when they leave

As others have said how you choose to keep your house is not as important as the person you are... being kind and considerate to others isn't measured by how clean your house is.

I agree Summer,I said I am immaculate,maybe that was the wrong word,as you will find dust in my house......like you I’m very clean ,I have always looked after what I have.

Each to their own as you said in a previous post,it doesn’t annoy me what people say about clean houses,clean has always been my preference.....I think I have a touch of OCD,my middle son called me a clean freak and my friend believe I have OCD.....my youngest son is like me,only I do his cleaning for him.......only because I want to,
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:53 PM

Having a good tidy up always makes me feel better. There's been a little clump of fluff in the corner of my room for ages; it's been annoying me no end. This morning I thought, that's it! I got out my dustpan and brush and gave it a good sweeping up. A job well done.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:28 PM

My home is almost always visitor ready. I put things in their place as I go, and return them when I am finished with them. I dust, vacumn regularly, wipe off blinds, clean windows and baseboards every two months, dust over the door sills, etc. on a schedule of sorts so that no spot gets dusty, grungy, or sticky. My mom kept a very clean home, nothing laying about, so it is normal for me.
When visitors come, they can feel comfortable, I don't pick up while they are in my home, the straightening up comes after they have gone.
I like my way of keeping house. I can sit in my easy chair and not look at next week's chore waiting to be done.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Having a good tidy up always makes me feel better. There's been a little clump of fluff in the corner of my room for ages; it's been annoying me no end. This morning I thought, that's it! I got out my dustpan and brush and gave it a good sweeping up. A job well done.
Are you sure it was worth it? It will only be there again this time next year.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Are you sure it was worth it? It will only be there again this time next year.
I know. I was tempted to put it behind the drawers, which is where I normally keep fluff, but the dust pan was closer than the drawers.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I know. I was tempted to put it behind the drawers, which is where I normally keep fluff, but the dust pan was closer than the drawers.
You do make me laugh Haribo
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:01 PM

I'm not a clean freak as such, just like the place tidy. So I don't think I would be embarrassed. Living in a bungalow, I would be embarrassed if I'd just been to the loo and left a pen and ink

I clean once a week, usually Sundays, just 'cos it's a throw back from working times. Besides I hate Sundays.

I can't stand stuff hanging about, always put stuff back every evening, even if I've not finished with it. So out it comes next day again.
I'm like that with decorating too, things need to be liveable in the mayhem. I know it's daft but it's all exercise innit? Anyway, I call it being organised

The thing I am fanatical about is the suite. I've always had fabric suites (not into leather ones) with those 'plump the cushions'. You know, you sit on them which leaves your bum hole. So every time I get up I do a bit of a 'plump' so it's plump when I come to sit down again. Couldn't possibly go to bed without having it all plumped for the morning.

My daughter used to get really cross with my cushion plumping.
Recently she said her fiancé asked 'Why are you always plumping the cushions up?' - She must've caught my bug. They always say 'we become our parents' don't they?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

22-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm so pleased to hear that, Pesta.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-11-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Haribo!....isn’t that a sweet?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top