Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:41 PM

Re: Lion Queen in the hot seat.

Wow - that was reckless. Did you have your son with you?

Where in Spain did you live?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Hi LQ

which did you prefer? to live in the the 1940's - 1950's or the 1960's?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Hi again Queenie if you won the lottery what would be the first three things you would do and why
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=carol;2066753]Wow - that was reckless. Did you have your son with you?

No we didn't take our Son, he didn't want to come with us. He was 28. We came home to visit regularly and he came to stay with us, my Sister and his cousin kept a close eye on him and obviously I was in daily contact with him via the net and phone.

We hoped that our absence would make him grow up, (he is well behind people of his own age) and he could break the apron strings. At that time he was living with a friend of his. It wasn't an easy decision to leave him behind but like I say, we hoped it would be good for him to have to learn to stand on his own feet. He managed ok with the support of my family and his mate and our daily contact.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Where in Spain did you live?
We lived in a town called Casariche, which is about 45 minutes inland from Costa Del Sol Coast (Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Fuengirola)

We stayed in Casariche for about a year then we moved to another town nearer the coast called Mollina, not much nearer but we really liked that town better than Casariche.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Hi LQ

which did you prefer? to live in the the 1940's - 1950's or the 1960's?
Hi Speedy,

I really like the 50s, I love the style, fashion and everything about it. I really enjoyed living in the 60s as a child but I think if I had a choice I would prefer the 50s. I do wish the 50s fashion would come back in, I love all the cars, the furniture, the house styles and of course the fashion.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi again Queenie if you won the lottery what would be the first three things you would do and why
Hi again Summer

If I won the lottery?

First thing I would do is look after my immediate family and buy them houses. We are only a small family and I am very close to my Julias children, they are like my own so I would make sure they all had their own homes as they all live in rented or council. I'd buy my sons flat outright and furnish it to his liking and then get us all a big villa in Spain for us all to go on holiday together (second home)

Travel, I would love to go to Africa to watch the Lions in their own habitat and other wild animals. I'd also go to Peru and Galapagos Islands. Way too expensive for us so it's a dream.

I would go visit my Auntie in America one more time, she's in poor health now in her 80s, last time I saw her was 2014 and I remember looking at her and thinking, I'm never going to see this woman again, so it would be nice to be able to afford to go one more time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2021, 07:40 PM

I would like to give to charity but I am not sure if the money would even get there.

conservation of wildlife would me my chosen charity
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 07:54 PM

Hi ya Queenie.

You look very much like my first wife in your profile pic, have you been married before?

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2021, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi ya Queenie.

You look very much like my first wife in your profile pic, have you been married before?

hahahahahaha That made me laugh out loud Doggy, you are so funny.
I might have been married to you in a past life eh? hehe

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top