Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: The area I live in

Report the owners of the dogs to the RSPCA, dogs that are properly looked after do not bark all the time. Often that is through either boredom or the dogs are not looked after as they should be. I've had dogs and no problem with the neighbours complaining about barking as that just didn't happen.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:48 PM

Call the rspca ... anonymously.

That would be a good start.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Report the owners of the dogs to the RSPCA, dogs that are properly looked after do not bark all the time. Often that is through either boredom or the dogs are not looked after as they should be. I've had dogs and no problem with the neighbours complaining about barking as that just didn't happen.
Oh yes the rspca That dog is being illtreated. The rspca are a very popular and therefore powerful organisation nowadays. They can cause big problem for the so-called owners.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh yes the rspca That dog is being illtreated. The rspca are a very popular and therefore powerful organisation nowadays. They can cause big problem for the so-called owners.
Looks as though we both posted at the same time d00d but both with the same advice.
I feel sure the RSPCA would not be too pleased that a dog is left to bark continuously.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 07:43 PM

Like Susan we have a few iffy neighbours in the block where we live. A few weeks ago we checked out an over 60s development in the area, run by McCarthy & Stone. Nice one bedroom flat that a family was selling at a reasonable price, as the mother had died. When we asked the estate agent dealing with the sale, about the service charges, he ummed and aahed, and said I'll let you know. When he phoned us later, it was £700 a month! When I recovered from my faint, I told the wife sod that, we're staying put! If I was on my own Susan, I'd probably opt for a nice little mobile home park somewhere, leave me with a bit of spare change. Anyway, good luck with the dog,you might get one of them devices that makes a dog barking sound, then play it to next door!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

11-05-2021, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Looks as though we both posted at the same time d00d but both with the same advice.
I feel sure the RSPCA would not be too pleased that a dog is left to bark continuously.
Great minds ... yeah.

A dog should not be barking endlessly. Plus it seems a good way to cause problems for the horrid neighbours.

Next: Environmental Health.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 08:00 PM

there seems to be three choices essentially:

1. Consult the neighbours - may cause tension?
2. Involve the RSPCA - may also cause tension?
3. I still like my option - calm and befriend the dog? - no tension

there is a fourth - that has already been explored - move??
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just shoot the bloody dog. Sorted.
Originally Posted by d00d ->
Great minds ... yeah.

A dog should not be barking endlessly. Plus it seems a good way to cause problems for the horrid neighbours.

Next: Environmental Health.
Interesting to read your protocols. Over here it would be to animal control, usually under the direction of law enforcement, and the yard issues would be under the code enforcement of local municipalities.

Poor dog, poor Susan. I hope it works out well for both!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:26 PM

Reading John's post hes right about the overhead payments for these places .

I've been looking and there is a complex locally and the overheads are £3000 a year which means if I sold my place and bought one bed I would have to keep back at least 30k to give me 10 years maintenance and ground rent payments and what if I live too long . These places do sell for about £160k and my little house may get £195k . A possibility I guess .

Just to add the dogs been quiet all afternoon 🙂

I dont know how people afford over 60s housing does anyone here live in one ?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Reading John's post hes right about the overhead payments for these places .

I've been looking and there is a complex locally and the overheads are £3000 a year which means if I sold my place and bought one bed I would have to keep back at least 30k to give me 10 years maintenance and ground rent payments and what if I live too long . These places do sell for about £160k and my little house may get £195k . A possibility I guess .

Just to add the dogs been quiet all afternoon 🙂

I dont know how people afford over 60s housing does anyone here live in one ?

Maybe one of the other iffy neighbours has thrown some
Poisened meat over the fence becauseof the noise susan ??
So don't sell yet, your problems may be over !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top