Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 04:36 PM

Re: Muliculturism? does it really work?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is untrue, Kosher Meat cannot be pre stunned.

Halal Meat can be.

If it is prestunned it is not Kosher.

The problem is that Kosher Meat can only come from the fore quarter, so the rest of the animal, the steaks, topside, silver side, rump etc goes into the normal food chain unmarked.etc

Don't take offense but why not stick to things that YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Don't take offense but why not stick to things that YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT?
Hi

I do.

I have worked in a Kosher Slaughter house in the UK.

This link is the RSPCA and includes statistics from the Government.

You will see that all Kosher is not prestunned but over half of Halal is.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwe...giousslaughter
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 05:39 PM

Hi

I do.

I have worked in a Kosher Slaughter house in the UK.

This link is the RSPCA and includes statistics from the Government.

You will see that all Kosher is not prestunned but over half of Halal is.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwe...giousslaughter

My life, is there any effin the job you've NOT done?

Setting that aside let's start with your casual use of the word Jew.

What sect of Jew? Messianic? Reform? Liberal? Or all the way up to Ultra-Orthodox and beyond? And what about in extremis like when no Glatt kosher meat is not available? Ever heard of Pikuach Nefesh? The argument is that if there's eff all available that is kosher then pass the ham sandwich WITH butter in order to preserve life.

Then there's the technique used in order to rid the beast of blood - that is the most important factor, not how it's done though that is important in order to eliminate any suffering of the beast. The manner of killing the beast is arguably, probably correctly, painless because of how shechitah is actually performed.

But of course you'll know all this from your amazing experience won't you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 05:52 PM

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm there? .. I must nip back and read from the beginning of the thread. It helps.

Otherwise, does multiculturalism work?
In a word .... No.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-05-2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Do I detect a bit of sarcasm there? .. I must nip back and read from the beginning of the thread. It helps.

Otherwise, does multiculturalism work?
In a word .... No.
Sarcasm? Not so much sarcasm as exasperation. And I also believe that multiculturalism has never worked and never will.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 06:03 PM

I agree with you ..... differing cultures will never get along without one dominating the other. It's human nature.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My life, is there any effin the job you've NOT done?

Setting that aside let's start with your casual use of the word Jew.

What sect of Jew? Messianic? Reform? Liberal? Or all the way up to Ultra-Orthodox and beyond? And what about in extremis like when no Glatt kosher meat is not available? Ever heard of Pikuach Nefesh? The argument is that if there's eff all available that is kosher then pass the ham sandwich WITH butter in order to preserve life.

Then there's the technique used in order to rid the beast of blood - that is the most important factor, not how it's done though that is important in order to eliminate any suffering of the beast. The manner of killing the beast is arguably, probably correctly, painless because of how shechitah is actually performed.

But of course you'll know all this from your amazing experience won't you.
Hi

I started off all a Public Health Inspector, in those days we did meat inspection and Leeds Slaughterhouse, where I did my rotas had Jewish Slaughter.

As regards Jews, may I remind you that you regard all Muslims as the same and do not discriminate between sects.

If you do not eat Kosher food then you are a non observant Jew.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 06:22 PM

I believe that causing an animal unnecessary pain and suffering in order to please some non-existing sky fairy is obscene.

If some religions wish to do that in their own backward countries, then there is nothing I can do about it, but we have our own standards in the UK - or at least we used to have.

I see that the RSPCA has made representations to the government about the continuation of this barbaric practice which, I believe, has no place in a civilised country but not unexpectedly the government is too weak to do the right thing for fear of upsetting potential voters.

I cannot regard the UK as a civilised country any more when such things are allowed legally. Rather than progressing we seem to have gone backward.

Just my personal opinion, of course, but I'm sure shared by the majority of civilised British people.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-05-2021, 06:27 PM

Hi

I started off all a Public Health Inspector, in those days we did meat inspection and Leeds Slaughterhouse, where I did my rotas had Jewish Slaughter.

As regards Jews, may I remind you that you regard all Muslims as the same and do not discriminate between sects.

If you do not eat Kosher food then you are a non observant Jew.
All Muslims ARE the same, they ALL must accept the Qur'an, the ONLY difference is to be found in the "schools of jurisprudence"

As for being an observant Jew having to only eat kosher, presumably you would claim that all other rules must be observed --- nonsense.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

14-05-2021, 10:31 PM

Multiculturalism seems to work OK in OZ and NZ any of you wise gentlemen and gentle women like to suggest why it doesn't?? - first to answer can take as many mice they wish home with them?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top