Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:29 PM

Re: Are You A ‘Show Off’?

I despise "show-offs" - I usually refer to them, derogatorily, as the "nouveau riche" or the "petit bourgeoisie" .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I despise "show-offs" - I usually refer to them, derogatorily, as the "nouveau riche" or the "petit bourgeoisie" .....
Do you lack confidence?
Have you never mentioned that you went to a public school. One of the best in the area you lived in?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:31 PM

My ability to be a total oik! Seems to come naturally though.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:32 PM

I can't show off at all...even if there are things I am proud of. I am very good at at accepting compliments though
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My ability to be a total oik! Seems to come naturally though.
I would say, Snot would see you as ‘King Of The Castle’! So show off about that!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I can't show off at all...even if there are things I am proud of. I am very good at at accepting compliments though
Pixie, You could maybe show off about the number of posts you’ve posted since joining here a short time ago that have catapulted you to a ‘Senior Member’!

Not long until you are a ‘Chatterbox’ .... then you’ll know, you’ve arrived!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you lack confidence?
Have you never mentioned that you went to a public school. One of the best in the area you lived in?
No and no .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:42 PM

Being a "Show Off" depends on other peoples opinions.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Being proud and showing off are two different things. You can be proud of your grandchildren or something you have created but telling people how much your house is worth or how much your expensive kitchen cost is just showing off. Most people are not impressed plus however well off we think we are there is always someone better off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I don't consider myself to be a show off really although I do like to show off my gifts and cards so perhaps I am a show off, hmmmmmmmmm.

I would definitely be a show off if I was a grandma, I'd be sharing proud pics of my grandchild, ahhhhhhh one can dream

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top