Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:13 AM

Re: Are You A ‘Show Off’?

No.Although I haven't got anything to show off about.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If so, what do you show off about?

What you’ve achieved in life?

How well your children have done?

Your beautiful grandchildren?

Your new car?

The value of your house?

Your hobbies?

How good you are at sport?

Or something else?

Are “ you” a show off, I would take that to mean.

Personally.......maybe I am a little, I put my decking pics of before and after up, I just like to show members what can be achieved with effort,

Anyway, if I’m a show off, so be it.....as long as i don’t start worshipping “ myself” I will be fine.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 07:47 AM

As long as you take into consideration who you’re talking/showing off to mightn’t be having a such a good time or achieved as much as you …but l guess that’s what serial show offs find hard to do
It’s those me me me Christmas round robins i hate .
Eek…
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:21 AM

Some would say, buying a new car and leaving it out on the drive for all to see instead of putting it in the garage, was showing off?

Having your own private number plate is seen by some as being a vanity and you’re showing off!

Is always buying new clothes and wearing designer shoes a form of showing off? Some would say it was!

Telling people how much you earn, or your children, their spouses earn could be another form of showing off?

I think many things we get and maybe flaunt a little are seen as showing off. A lateral thinker would maybe, see it in another way and say, it’s about making yourself feel better and being proud of what you have achieved.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:40 AM

New cars don’t fit into most peoples garages they are too wide and anyway the garage is full of junk .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
New cars don’t fit into most peoples garages they are too wide and anyway the garage is full of junk .

That’s true, on my walks,I can’t believe what junk some people have in their garages, one woman I know is extremely house proud inside and out.

She left her garage door open one day......😮😮😮!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-05-2021, 08:51 AM

Some would say, buying a new car and leaving it out on the drive for all to see instead of putting it in the garage, was showing off?

Having your own private number plate is seen by some as being a vanity and you’re showing off!

Is always buying new clothes and wearing designer shoes a form of showing off? Some would say it was!

Telling people how much you earn, or your children, their spouses earn could be another form of showing off?

I think many things we get and maybe flaunt a little are seen as showing off. A lateral thinker would maybe, see it in another way and say, it’s about making yourself feel better and being proud of what you have achieved.

My son came to visit on thurs...,he thought he was the bees knees with his £300 boots, from John Lewis....😂😂.....He makes me look like a bag lady....😂
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:59 AM

Barry, Truly, l always see you as being just perfect... so why not show off about it?

Start with a Tarzan loincloth to complete the image!!
No chance Art, I don't want to frighten the wildlife...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
As long as you take into consideration who you’re talking/showing off to mightn’t be having a such a good time or achieved as much as you …but l guess that’s what serial show offs find hard to do
It’s those me me me Christmas round robins i hate .
Eek…
That is an important point Ripple. Showing a neighbour around your new kitchen extension is probably okay because you might be on a par but showing it off to a vagrant wouldn't be okay.

An extreme example I know.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 09:31 AM

I have never liked ostentatious displays of wealth , my puritan upbringing classed it as 'vulgar' and when my son (a successful entrepreneur) purchased a Porsche I was horrified and delighted when sold it for a hatchback

I am very proud of my son and all he has a achieved growing up in a 'one parent household' I am also proud of my grandchildren and guess I talk about them too much sometimes.

On the other hand my neighbour is the worlds biggest bore and if she catches me she will spend ages regaling me with the successes of her 2 sons and their children who now live in the USA. I stand and listen and never mention mine.
She has always been the same going on about her sons achievements at school (our sons went to school together) . I just smile to myself now knowing my son has achieved so much more.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top