Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:08 AM

Re: good morning Saturday

Good morning everyone it rained all night and is still raining.

I trimmed half of Chloe yesterday the top half , two and a half hours standing in the garage. Today I need to do the other half her legs and feet , not looking forward to more time standing in the garage but it will be a good job done. Elderly Chloe (aged 13) always seems brighter and more sprightly when trimmed .

Then more spring cleaning to do .
Enjoy your day
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:11 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Cold and gloomy here today - glad I went shopping yesterday.

A couple of 'crafty parcels' due today - hope they come early so I can play!

Have a safe day.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:30 AM

Good morning everybody.

The spare room tidy-up prior to refurbishing a bedroom has turned into a full-on redecorating job at the request of Mrs Zaphod who has decided upon a new colour scheme.
Ah well, it'll keep me qiuet for a while I suppose.

Enjoy your weekend everybody.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone it rained all night and is still raining.

I trimmed half of Chloe yesterday the top half , two and a half hours standing in the garage. Today I need to do the other half her legs and feet , not looking forward to more time standing in the garage but it will be a good job done. Elderly Chloe (aged 13) always seems brighter and more sprightly when trimmed .

Then more spring cleaning to do .
Enjoy your day
Blimey Meg, two and a half hours what on earth do you clip her with, have you no clippers? Our cockerpoos take around an hour apiece for the full job including nail clip...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:00 AM

Hi

I have a pretend dog.

A French Bulldog who comes once a week with his owner.

Great Fun.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Blimey Meg, two and a half hours what on earth do you clip her with, have you no clippers? Our cockerpoos take around an hour apiece for the full job including nail clip...

I might be wrong, but I think Meg might scissor Chloe?
Not sure if it's the type of coat that clips very well, but not sure.
I think Meg said the other day about bad arthritis in her hands too, so that can't be much help either.

I always bath mine before clipping, you get a much better end product and also dirty hair blunts blades anyway. Mine take roughly a couple of hours each to complete.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I might be wrong, but I think Meg might scissor Chloe?
Not sure if it's the type of coat that clips very well, but not sure.
I think Meg said the other day about bad arthritis in her hands too, so that can't be much help either.

I always bath mine before clipping, you get a much better end product and also dirty hair blunts blades anyway. Mine take roughly a couple of hours each to complete.
We bathe ours around four times a year but clip them around every four weeks.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:19 AM

A very late good morning from me. I slept till 9.00am!

A trip to the shops & work in the garden on the agenda today.

Have a good day all.

Re: the dog clipping. I'm wondering why you don't send them to the doggie hairdressers?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

15-05-2021, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Re: the dog clipping. I'm wondering why you don't send them to the doggie hairdressers?
Fifty quid a time, two dogs per month...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Fifty quid a time, two dogs per month...

Exactly, Barry!

It's a nice 'bonding' time anyway, don't you think?
I like doing them, though I do send Gertie to my friend as she is difficult to do as she keeps nodding off and laying down.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top