Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:37 AM

This makes me cry!

Over the last few days there have been many reports about Jordan Banks being struck by lightning when playing football in Blackpool.
For some reason every time I hear them it brings tears to my eyes. Many children die, but you can always find somebody to blame or be sad because they have an awful illness, but this was a happy little boy who was our playing football. How can we protect children from events like this?
Sadly Jordan could not be saved & died when he reached the hospital. Apparently he was a lovely lad who helped raise money for a mental health charity.
I can't imagine how hard this must have been for his family!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-57083921
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:39 AM

Re: This makes me cry!

It was the saddest thing I cried too.dear little boy .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:45 AM

We see lots of photos of his happy face & hear all the lovely things people said about him and I just keep asking myself "Why did this happen?"
I know it won't help, but I do wonder how many parents will want to keep their children indoors when the weather forecast is stormy.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:45 AM

Awful, just such a waste of a little lad's life. Yes, it made me cry as well. I kept imagining all those months of lockdown when he couldn't play with his team, and how excited he would have been when it was finally allowed again. And then this. So bloody unfair
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Awful, just such a waste of a little lad's life. Yes, it made me cry as well. I kept imagining all those months of lockdown when he couldn't play with his team, and how excited he would have been when it was finally allowed again. And then this. So bloody unfair
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:06 AM

Yes heartbreaking his poor family
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:27 AM

Hi

Accidents happen, innocents die or are killed evry day.

Of course it is sad, and I have cried many times about the deaths of children.

His family have been great, it is difficult but donating his organs has saved 3 other children.

A short life, but one to be remembered proudly.

He and his family should be remembered with pride for that.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

15-05-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Accidents happen, innocents die or are killed evry day.

Of course it is sad, and I have cried many times about the deaths of children.

His family have been great, it is difficult but donating his organs has saved 3 other children.

A short life, but one to be remembered proudly.

He and his family should be remembered with pride for that.
Yes I heard about that too Swim & I feel that his parents were wonderful to donate his organs to other children, at such a sad time. He seemed to be a healthy happy little boy , so lets hope that he can give health and happiness to those who received his organs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:53 AM

It just doesn't make sense. A precious, thoughtful child snatched away in such freak circumstances just incomprehensible.

The poor family, the nations hearts go out to them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 12:03 PM

How very sad, poor little lad who had a heart of gold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top