Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Non-inclusive greeting offends

How about this for utter stupidity?

In yesterday's paper there was an article about a train passenger complaining because the conductor greeted everyone by saying a cheerful - " Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls."

So what is wrong with that, you may ask?

Apparently passenger Lawrence Coles, complained to the firm that . . . . "As a non-binary person, this announcement does not actually apply to me, so I'm won't listen."

This person was sitting with a friend when the greeting was issued, and the friend also said - "Both of us are non-binary, and we were alarmed and uncomfortable by the lack of inclusion."

Alarmed and uncomfortable???

The train company issued an apology to them!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:56 PM

Re: Non-inclusive greeting offends

Bah ... I hope there were no little babies or guide dogs on that train or they'll be traumatised for life after not receiving a mention.

You know , thinking about it, guide dogs are underappreciated. They work long hours often with unsociable hours and never win any awards or get their own TV programmes.
They literally have to beg for money on adverts.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:57 PM

What about bacteria? Don't bacteria need acknowledgement too?

The degree of self-importance and need for constant validation in this day and age is stunning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:12 PM

Apparently, back in 2017, Transport for London ordered staff not to use "ladies & gentlemen" to avoid offending transgender passengers.

So this conductor broke the rules!

One Tory MP has said -"the railway should have defeded his staff, as they clearly meant no offence."

So how are we supposed to greet everyone now then?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:20 PM

OMG - The way things are going.

It makes me want to weep!!!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apparently, back in 2017, Transport for London ordered staff not to use "ladies & gentlemen" to avoid offending transgender passengers.

So this conductor broke the rules!

One Tory MP has said -"the railway should have defeded his staff, as they clearly meant no offence."

Indeed, doubt my suggestion would meet with their approval.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:26 PM

The World has gone stark staring raving mad!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suppose all businesses have to be mindful of how they treat their customers. Those of us who are not businesses, and don't have customers, are free to enjoy offending the "non-binary".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Mr Coles (I shall call him that because he is male) obviously has mental problems and needs to get help.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I suppose all businesses have to be mindful of how they treat their customers. Those of us who are not businesses, and don't have customers, are free to enjoy offending the "non-binary".

Would anyone care if HE listened to the announcement or not? In fact, HE must have listened to know that it offeneded HIM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top