Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:28 PM

Football.

Hi

"Everything in life has a purpose, except, possibly football."

Why do the BBC and others think that everybody is interested in it and wants to watch hours of highly paid pundits talking rubbish in addition to showing the match and then talking about it afterwards.

There are far more interesting things to do.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 02:39 PM

Re: Football.

True .... but the sport's incredibly good for insomniacs. Perhaps a subscription should be available on the NHS.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

"Everything in life has a purpose, except, possibly football."

Why do the BBC and others think that everybody is interested in it and wants to watch hours of highly paid pundits talking rubbish in addition to showing the match and then talking about it afterwards.

There are far more interesting things to do.

I suppose the same reasons apply to programmes about fishing or golf. A total bore imo but then I am not the only viewer and I have the ability to change channels.

Today is the FA cup final which used to be a big event in its day, the coverage would start early morning and be on all day on two channels. These days, it is hardly mentioned which is a bit of a shame really, even though I am no longer 'into' football.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose the same reasons apply to programmes about fishing or golf. A total bore imo but then I am not the only viewer and I have the ability to change channels.

Today is the FA cup final which used to be a big event in its day, the coverage would start early morning and be on all day on two channels. These days, it is hardly mentioned which is a bit of a shame really, even though I am no longer 'into' football.
At least in days of yore, it was an afternoon kick-off. Today's final is an evening match for God's sake.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In those days football was still a sport, Dongles, played by sportsmen who had talent, team spirit and pride. Now it is just a boring cash cow being milked by greedy management and played by drones who are more interested in money, fast cars and loose women than they are in the game.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:50 PM

Yes, I think it is a shame how football has changed. I was never an ardent fan but I did like watching cup finals.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-05-2021, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
At least in days of yore, it was an afternoon kick-off. Today's final is an evening match for God's sake.
Oh really? It used to start at 3pm I seem to remember.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:01 PM

In Scotland we have a team that has already won the league. Currently there are thousands of fans marching through a level 3 area rife with the Indian variant of the virus with no regard for masks or social distancing or the regular shoppers with family.

The police do nothing - they say "Its a largely peaceful gathering".

I loathe football and all its associated triumphery.

Fireworks and flares abound.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:02 PM

A friend of mine supports ‘the Arsenal’ and gets so upset if they lose! I call him ‘Gunner’ ... as in are they gunner win this week?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:11 PM

Football is finished, someone has taken all the players knees.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top