Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:04 AM

Let it Be

I'd never really given The Beatles a second thought until yesterday.

The lyrics, "Mother Mary Comes to Me" are thought to refer to the Virgin Mary, but the other version is that "Mother Mary" was Paul McCartneys mum, Mary who died of cancer when he was 14.

My mum died suddenly on Friday the morning I was setting off to see her, from a hotel near where she lives. My sister was living with her while waiting to exchange contracts on her new flat so the spare room was already occupied.

I had several missed calls from my sister because I was in the shower and didn't hear my phone. When I called back, my sister was in a state of sheer panic telling me the terrible news.

I arrive at the house to the sight of paramedics, the police and my sister absolutely distraught.

I got back in Sudbury yesterday and my sister will travel tomorrow to come and stay with us for a while.

Whilst sitting in my office feeling extremely upset, this song just randomly appeared in my head and I was familiar with the story behind it.

Its given me immense comfort listening to the words over again and I thought I would post on here in case anyone else finds peace and comfort in it.

I'm sure its my mums way of telling me everything is in order, she is still with me and always will be.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:32 AM

Re: Let it Be

Bread, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your dear mum, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

I love that song too and I’m pleased it has given you some comfort in this difficult time.

Take care.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bread, I am so sorry to hear you have lost your dear mum, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

I love that song too and I’m pleased it has given you some comfort in this difficult time.

Take care.

Thanks. Mags
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 11:11 AM

Hi Bread , that is such sad news and you must still be in shock..

I knew about Paul seeing his mother in a dream prompting him to write the song which seems so appropriate to your circumstances right now...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Bread, I am most sorry for your loss and fully understand the connection you have with your mother and this song - a remarkable and poignant experience. Thank you for sharing.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:33 PM

My condolences Bread.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top