Join for free
Page 8 of 57 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

17-05-2021, 08:44 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Bolton lockdown 'not ruled out' - Hancock

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-57134500
my son works in a govt dept with other highly qualified colleagues - he is having is first covid today but his learned colleagues who I assume had listen to the health advise and perhaps even read some learned papers are all refusing to have theirs - this is not poor illiterate folk fgs it is madness!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
my son works in a govt dept with other highly qualified colleagues - he is having is first covid today but his learned colleagues who I assume had listen to the health advise and perhaps even read some learned papers are all refusing to have theirs - this is not poor illiterate folk fgs it is madness!
This is curious....what do they know that we don't?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Hi

They are highly qualified in what?

Loads of rubbish on Social Media about the vaccine
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Or loads of rubbish on the BBC and MSM...I'm surprised at you Swim, can't you see when you are being manipulated...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 11:13 AM

hi

they are highly qualified in what?

Loads of rubbish on social media about the vaccine
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 01:39 PM

Hi

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But isn't the forum classed as 'Social Media'?....

Are you saying that everybody posts a load of rubbish on here?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But isn't the forum classed as 'Social Media'?....

Are you saying that everybody posts a load of rubbish on here?
Hi

Nope.

This is a niche site, Facebook and Instagram are not.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Hi

Nope.

This is a niche site, Facebook and Instagram are not.
What about twitter Swim?
Surely there must be some genuine characters on those sites Swim...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think there will be ways of administering the vaccine - isn't there a pill which will be ready by the end of the year, once trial are "successful". Very Orwellian, but think of the mental health patients, or those who are not cognitively aware of what's going on and may be very disruptive if held to be given a jag. And as Swimmy says, (and I mentioned before) you will be gradually ostracised from society if you can't prove you have had it. Sounds very dramatic, I know, but I wouldn't put anything past the Govt.
The COVID-19 pandemic may yet have only been a warning which has allowed governments to prepare for the next pandemic, if they've learned the lessons .....

One thing is clear - testing and lockdowns help to control pandemics but only vaccines can (temporarily) halt them .....

So ..... any remnant of the current pandemic must be stopped in its' tracks and anyone at risk of catching/ communicating the current infection must be treated with a vaccine (or similar) or lose all citizen's rights .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:14 PM

More than 2,300 cases of Indian variant now in UK, Matt Hancock says

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-says-12309280

The health secretary tells MPs there are now 86 local authority areas with five or more confirmed cases of the COVID-19 variant.

Delivering a COVID-19 statement in the Commons, Matt Hancock said 483 cases have been confirmed in Bolton and Blackburn with Darwen, where the variant is now the dominant strain.

There are fears the variant - which could be as much as 50% more transmissible than the variant that emerged in Kent at the end of last year and led to England's third lockdown - could delay the lifting of all legal limits on social contact on 21 June, step four of the roadmap.
This outbreak could have been so easily avoided - let's hope that it doesn't get much worse .....

Page 8 of 57 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top