Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 05:47 AM

Re: Have You Heard Of....Or Used ‘The Pink Stuff’?

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Not yet Pauline, do you think I should tell him?
Keep it to yourself Mags I won't tell if you won't......waits for Macy's pictures
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
oh!!! how disappointing saw the title and thought i might be able to show my pink fluffy handcuffs, drat....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:49 AM

The Pink Stuff spray stain remover and the whitener is also very good and, as Art pointed out, is cheap too.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:51 AM

From curing a rusty radiator to fluffy pink handcuffs ...... what is this place turning into?

Artangel, Primus is right only you don't need to be too enthusiastic with the sanding.
A light going-over to smooth the surface and then apply some Kurust (It's generally about £5 at car parts places - but NOT from Halfords who want over a tenner!) and that should be it ready for priming & painting.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/ha...tm_content=DSA

The only thing that I would add is that when it comes to radiators, if there's rust you can see then what caused the rust and what can you not see lurking?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
From curing a rusty radiator to fluffy pink handcuffs ...... what is this place turning into?

Artangel, Primus is right only you don't need to be too enthusiastic with the sanding.
A light going-over to smooth the surface and then apply some Kurust (It's generally about £5 at car parts places - but NOT from Halfords who want over a tenner!) and that should be it ready for priming & painting.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/ha...tm_content=DSA

The only thing that I would add is that when it comes to radiators, if there's rust you can see then what caused the rust and what can you not see lurking?
Thank you, Zaphod for your advice.
The radiator is in an en-suite so I suppose, steam is the culprit?

There is sandpaper in my garage but do l need fine or coarse sandpaper?
What paint is best to paint the radiator? Enamel?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank you, Zaphod for your advice.
The radiator is in an en-suite so I suppose, steam is the culprit?

There is sandpaper in my garage but do l need fine or coarse sandpaper?
What paint is best to paint the radiator? Enamel?
I have never done it, but I would use fine sandpaper at first and see how you get on. There is an actual paint that can be used for radiators etc
https://www.diy.com/departments/pain...DIY1624161.cat
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 12:22 PM

Fine should be plenty if it's surface rust as a result of condensation; don't be tempted to be heavy-handed because in my experience that's when problems develop.

You don't need to remove every trace of rust if you're using Kurust or similar and I have to say that I've used it in the past on radiators with great success.

In the past I have used radiator enamel but nowadays it seems there are lots of options, not that I have experience of those.
I suppose it depends upon if you are keeping it white as much as anything.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 01:05 PM

Hi

The Pink Stuff.

Cheap and it works, but so do others.

Top Brand Cleaners are vastly overpriced, they need to be to pay for the advertising.

Stardrops and Elbow Grease are better and cheaper.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 03:30 PM

It is the same cleaner as ASDA's cream cleaner @ 78p so why pay more
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:03 PM

I would be inclined to use medium sandpaper as you’ll be there all day, as I said, sand back until you see shiny metal, I doubt it’s gone far enough to cause any leaks ( you would know already as there’d be water) you could turn off the rad if you are worried, follow the instructions on the rust treatment, some require wiping off, others you have to leave on, I would also prime before painting and for a better result, sand with fine paper.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top