Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 12:57 PM

Re: Help for speeding.

Hi

Carol, you are a lovely, caring person, none of us is perfect and loads of people speed every day.

Do not be so hard on yourself.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 06:13 PM

I would echo swimmys comments, it is so very easy to stray slightly over the speed limit and get caught by a camera it doesn’t mean you are reckless or a bad driver, if you are doing 35 in a 30 ,you are within the law, if you are doing 36 your not, I doubt it would make any significant difference if you hit someone ( god forbid)
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's as it should be.

But you must realise that Germany is a more logical country than the UK. Our forte is bureaucracy!
If you think so...But isn't Germany notorious for its red tape, too?

In winter I had expensive passport photos taken at 27 quid when being caught speeding at 19 mph where only 12.4 mph were allowed. I was daydreaming and envisioning the most beautiful things and then bang.

Novelty: There's hardly any other place on earth where the speed limit is 12.4 mph. The traffic sign for it is hardly known. The lowest standard speed limit is 18.6 mph.
I ran into a stationary speed trap put in place just recently. I'd read about it but thought to myself that I wasn't very likely ever to drive there anyway. But then there was a detour and I followed it and was taken entirely by surprise. The admin guy in charge said in an interview that that speed camera proved to be "highly profitable." Well, I like donations and make them regularly. The city needs them badly.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
If you think so...But isn't Germany notorious for its red tape, too?

In winter I had expensive passport photos taken at 27 quid when being caught speeding at 19 mph where only 12.4 mph were allowed. I was daydreaming and envisioning the most beautiful things and then bang.

Novelty: There's hardly any other place on earth where the speed limit is 12.4 mph. The traffic sign for it is hardly known. The lowest standard speed limit is 18.6 mph.
I ran into a stationary speed trap put in place just recently. I'd read about it but thought to myself that I wasn't very likely ever to drive there anyway. But then there was a detour and I followed it and was taken entirely by surprise. The admin guy in charge said in an interview that that speed camera proved to be "highly profitable." Well, I like donations and make them regularly. The city needs them badly.
What sort of a place has speed limits of 12.4 mph?
A cemetery?
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 05:57 PM

I was "done" for speeding last month.I had a choice of a fine and points on my license,a court appearance or a speed awareness course-I choose the on line course.
It costs £88 and I'll be doing it a week tomorrow at 11.15.
Don't know what to expect.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I was "done" for speeding last month.I had a choice of a fine and points on my license,a court appearance or a speed awareness course-I choose the on line course.
You might have to do it online, if you do, make sure you don’t have anyone in the house, or keep them quiet if you do, certainly don’t have anyone in the same room, that’s an instant fail and you will get a fine and points
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Marge and I have both been on one.

They're quite friendly and informative. In fact, you can learn a lot from them.

Of course, it might be different in Wales. They might pull your fingernails out one by one just to teach you a lesson.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What sort of a place has speed limits of 12.4 mph?
A cemetery?
A hospital.
Dachs
Germany

18-05-2021, 06:32 PM

@rhosyn wrote:
"I was "done" for speeding last month.I had a choice of a fine and points on my license,a court appearance or a speed awareness course-I choose the on line course.
Don't know what to expect."

(Sorry, I can quote with the editor right now. Happens every now and then.)
Hard choices. How much would the fine have been?
Dachs
Germany

18-05-2021, 06:37 PM

Sorry again. Should have been "I can't quote..."

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top