Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 03:03 PM

Re: Doing Something

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Me too, Tiff, whether by will or necessity. A worker bee, I am. Only when I fall into bed so very late at night. It was five years before I once sat on the new sofa in the living room.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not very rich, self-made people ever truly enjoy the fruits of their success (mansions, yachts, planes, vacation homes) because they can't slow down enough to take it all in - or just be.
Not really like that Surfermom, I am not a worker. I mean either on here, tidying up, reading a book, I do read a lot, making a meal, doing the washing, watching TV, feeding the garden birds, taking pics out doors. I am never just sitting doing nothing.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not really like that Surfermom, I am not a worker. I mean either on here, tidying up, reading a book, I do read a lot, making a meal, doing the washing, watching TV, feeding the garden birds, taking pics out doors. I am never just sitting doing nothing.
Sounds like good, busy living to me, Tiffany! Hopefully in a few years I will be able to downshift into that kind of busy-ness!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 11:14 PM

Sounds like good, busy living to me, Tiffany! Hopefully in a few years I will be able to downshift into that kind of busy-ness!
I have been retired for several years now.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 05:27 AM

Me too, Tiff, whether by will or necessity. A worker bee, I am. Only when I fall into bed so very late at night. It was five years before I once sat on the new sofa in the living room.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not very rich, self-made people ever truly enjoy the fruits of their success (mansions, yachts, planes, vacation homes) because they can't slow down enough to take it all in - or just be.

Personally I don't know any of those. Although I have been sailing on a few nice yachts. Not the kind you're probably thinking of though. And no I suspect they don't enjoy much. I reckon it gets to a point with those people when all they are consumed with is business and how to make even more money. But I guess I will never know really The one thing I have heard some really rich people say quite a few times though is that what makes them the happiest is giving it away to others who really need help or starting some kind of foundation or charity. I know there are some here who would scoff at that but that's what I would do. Not after a medal or a ticket to heaven. It would just make me feel good. Nobody else has to do what I do.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:37 AM

When I get rich, I'm going to buy the smallest mature Camel I can find, and a Sixty foot Needle.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When I get rich, I'm going to buy the smallest mature Camel I can find, and a Sixty foot Needle.
Brilliant Spitty.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 08:25 AM

There are times when I'm doing something and times when I'm not doing something. Then again, is there such a thing as not doing something? When not doing anything active, I'm lazing around ..and even that's doing something isn't it?

At the times I'm lazing around, I might feel I should be doing something active. Then again, I've most often been doing something active before lazing around, so I think 'blow it' and continue to laze around.

I'd say I'm equally happy in either state. One isn't better than the other for me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 09:01 AM

Sometimes I just sit and think.....
and sometimes I just sit.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top