Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 03:16 PM

######## #### ####

Well I couldn't really couldn't think of a title, without getting myself banned from the forum, for inconsiderate ignorant people, who make life so unbearable at times.
I have seen terrible bad manners on a bus today, I have seen motorists with no consideration for other road users, I have seen pigs in a cafe where we had lunch, in fact everybody seemed to be out there to irritate me.
One big burly fat guy on a bus putting a bag on the seat and claiming the 2 seats for himself, another chap efffing and blinding out loud on his phone, so everybody could hear everything he was saying.
I don't know what visitors to West Yorkshire think of us up here, probably think we are the lowest of the low, let me assure you there are many decent folks up here, but today I seemed to find the worst.
Anybody else getting this type of behavior?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 03:32 PM

Re: ######## #### ####

Anybody else getting this type of behavior?
No Arthur , it is one of the advantages of being a recluse .

Don't let these things bother you , instead think pleasant thoughts and let it allllllll..... wash over you.
Have a hug x
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Luckily that sort of behavior is very rare here in Scotland and the village I live in is full of the kindest people I know.

However, when I was working up in Inverness for a while back in the 90s there was a lot of what you described.

There is nothing worse than going into a place to eat and being put off your food.

The pub where I go often for something to eat is mostly filled with people of similar vintage to myself and the "drunk as a skunk" part of the bar is in a separate room so that is cut off and all you can hear in the eating section is quiet chatting between people and the crackling of the coal fire.

I think I'll give the slave a break tonight and take us there for tea.

Sorry, I got sidetracked - some people are just inconsiderate and will forever be. Just be grateful you're not and you are the better person.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:00 PM

I've come to accept there are people like that in today's world, I don't let it bother me. If I notice anything like that in a restaurant, I would go elsewhere ..... likewise in a pub (which I rarely go in anyway).

Life's too short to let things like this get on top of you .....maybe give a "tut tut" and ignore it
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Hmmm.... I thought it was just me that was happily becoming a recluse!
There does seem to be a lot of such behaviour around where I live so don't worry about what people think of Yorkshire. It's probably happening on bad days everywhere.
I hope you have many more better days.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've come to accept there are people like that in today's world, I don't let it bother me. If I notice anything like that in a restaurant, I would go elsewhere ..... likewise in a pub (which I rarely go in anyway).

Life's too short to let things like this get on top of you .....maybe give a "tut tut" and ignore it
But why should you go elsewhere? when I ran a pub for awhile I went and told them to behave or leave my establishment, if folks who run these places would do this they might fill them and they wouldn't be so empty.
People have no right to behave in a manner which is not acceptable to society.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Too right Mags.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:26 PM

I wondered what your thread was going to be Wrinkley I had a day like that on Saturday and it seemed I coudn't get away from "loutish" people. I eventually thought to myself "go home for a bit of sanity and peace". So I gave up and did go home. I do wonder if some days we are tuned in more to bad manners, maybe a bit more irritated by it than other days. I suppose there have always been bad mannered and rude people around, but I think part of the problem these days is that nobody seems to have much sense of reserve in what they do or say - anything goes. At one time you hardly ever saw people walking about eating and drinking on the streets, now just about everyone does it. Must be getting old, I guess.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

22-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Rena said :--- Must be getting old, I guess.

Not at all Rena, just that we are a decent generation, and we know how to be well mannered and how to behave.
I think if you know good manners, you notice those that don't.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

22-10-2012, 04:44 PM

We are a decent generation because we were brought up by a better one Wrinkly.

My 90 year old ex mother-in-law was over for tea last night and as always we got into a long blether afterwords that went on till midnight and during that conversation we got onto the subject of manners, funnily enough, and she told of how things were back in the 30s and 40s and how they had changed so much before I was even born in 1952.

Her daughter was my first wife and she sure did bring her up with as many manners as she has, unfortunately our marriage didn't last a year due to her death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top