Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Re: "In cash please guv."

My take on this, and these are only my thoughts, is that If the cash into the hand method of paying tradesmen stopped it would cost the government a hell of a lot more money then they lose in tax, this is keeping a lot of small tradesmen and jobbers just above the poverty line and there are never very large amounts of money involved anyway, when I think of the billions that was paid to the banks who squandered everyone else's money it's only a drop in the ocean. The money they earn goes straight back into circulation and not tucked away, to the grocer, butcher, pub, garage etc. and is circulated immediately, this is not regular income and is completely undependable, it would cost the government millions more in clerical work and in special hardship payments, having to take kids into care and possibly some parents into prison for stealing to keep bread on the table. Think of all the fairs and market traders, chaps who tend the gardens for old folks for a few bob into the hand , and a host of other things, I think they would be better off letting the hare sit on this one, in a decade or two cash will be no more and we'll all have to pay the full whack for everything, so enjoy it while it lasts.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2013, 09:10 PM

When the Government of the day stop chucking my hard earned taxes around like confetti on stupid schemes, politicians lifestyles, and jollies. I'll grow a conscience about avoiding paying it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My take on this, and these are only my thoughts, is that If the cash into the hand method of paying tradesmen stopped it would cost the government a hell of a lot more money then they lose in tax, this is keeping a lot of small tradesmen and jobbers just above the poverty line and there are never very large amounts of money involved anyway, when I think of the billions that was paid to the banks who squandered everyone else's money it's only a drop in the ocean. The money they earn goes straight back into circulation and not tucked away, to the grocer, butcher, pub, garage etc. and is circulated immediately, this is not regular income and is completely undependable, it would cost the government millions more in clerical work and in special hardship payments, having to take kids into care and possibly some parents into prison for stealing to keep bread on the table. Think of all the fairs and market traders, chaps who tend the gardens for old folks for a few bob into the hand , and a host of other things, I think they would be better off letting the hare sit on this one, in a decade or two cash will be no more and we'll all have to pay the full whack for everything, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Jem, I have pointed this out many times, but I have trouble with my delivery, let's hope your Blarney (sorry) does the trick.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top