Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 02:49 PM

Re: Was the old stuff more fun?

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Yes. Is there any other?
There's the New York cab but, sadly lacking the Black cab driver's humour.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
There's the New York cab but, sadly lacking the Black cab driver's humour.
And their deep insight into political matters

I am enjoying "Camping" at the moment on Sky. Very droll.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 05:20 PM

In a word yes .. and without racial intent .. So lets have more
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 05:25 PM

I think Alf Garnet's character made people realise how stupid his attitude was and made us sympathetic to those he put down. In "Love Thy Neighbour" the white guy was the stupid one who was racist, his neighbour was the cool, happy one who tolerated him, therefore had more sense.
Then we had people like Margot Ledbetter who was daft because she was snobbish.
I think the writers did and do a good job of pointing out how ridiculous some people's attitudes are.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 05:34 PM

How times change ... jokes about the Irish, the mother-in-law .. ethnic people, the female sex . .
Shocking wasn't it.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think Alf Garnet's character made people realise how stupid his attitude was and made us sympathetic to those he put down. In "Love Thy Neighbour" the white guy was the stupid one who was racist, his neighbour was the cool, happy one who tolerated him, therefore had more sense.
Then we had people like Margot Ledbetter who was daft because she was snobbish.
I think the writers did and do a good job of pointing out how ridiculous some people's attitudes are.
Exactly and what about Hyacinth Bucket or the mother of Sandra in the Liver Birds played by Mollie Sugden? Total snobs made to look complete fools..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 05:42 AM

Sadly miss these kind of programs, lets face it even comedy's like It Aint Half Hot Mum would fall foul of today's PC brigade. My wife could never get Benny Hill who often poked fun at us men.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 08:27 AM

My ex husband used to laugh like a drain at 'Yes Minister' but l didn't find it funny!! Not because l was supporting the government and it was taking the mickey out of them, it just didn't tickle me!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top