Join for free
Page 52 of 52 « First < 2 42 50 51 52
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 01:49 AM

Re: The insomniacs thread

Nite, Nero, sleep well; it's nice that you're back.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:49 AM

Oh my . . . what a day . . . what a day . . . . never mind, at least it was dry, but oh the stress . . . I must try and be more laid back methinks . . . . tomorrow, if anyone annoys me I'll just give em a look of indef . . . indiff . . . inndeff . . . indiffe . . . . . errr . . . ignore them.

I shall now soddoff . . . see youse all tomorrow offers.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:55 AM

Note, Nero, don't let them get you down!! Chat tomorrow,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Oh my . . . what a day . . . what a day . . . . never mind, at least it was dry, but oh the stress . . . I must try and be more laid back methinks . . . . tomorrow, if anyone annoys me I'll just give em a look of indef . . . indiff . . . inndeff . . . indiffe . . . . . errr . . . ignore them.

I shall now soddoff . . . see youse all tomorrow offers.
Good to have your nightly ramblings back, Denis...... some of them are very amusing!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 01:15 AM

Another day to forget . . . it all started about 10am when I hoovered the whole house from top to bottom . . . then I graduated to the cooker in the kitchen and scrubbed that clean . . . then the kitchen floor needed scrubbing because of muddy Rottie paw prints . . . . then the pump in the garden pond needed cleaning out . . . . by this time it was after lunch time . . . but lunch is for wimps so I proceeded to attend to the plants in the greenhouse . . . I emerged from the greenhouse and was greeted by 4 hungry looking Rottie faces . . . sodditt . . .I had forgotton to give em their breakfast.

Then it was time for a visit to Tescos, and joy of joys, the car park was full . . . I eventually got parked but inside the store it was mobbed with demented shoppers running around like headless chickens . . . after elbowing my way through the throng of shoppers who stand and look at products on the shelves as though their life depended on them picking the correct thing, I managed to get to the express checkout where the machine asked if I had my own bag . . . . I was sorely tempted to do it harm but managed to control myself . . . after grinding my teeth and loosing more tooth enamel, I emerged from Tescos to be greeted by yet another shower of rain . . . it was a blessing because it cooled me down after all that stress.

This evening I cleaned out both filters in the large aquarium in the living room . . . they aint been cleand for 6 months . . . that took me 90 mins . . . . I then sat down to enjoy a coffee and the phone rang . . . . I was sorely tempted to bounce it off the wall but took a deep breath and politely answered it saying . . . " someone had better be dead " . . . it was my daughter asking if I'd had a good day . . . . . well, what could I say to that ? . . . I replied "yes indeed, it was a lovely day my dear" . . . she replied "bloody liar, I know you dad . . . you can't sit on your ass for more than 2 minutes" . . . .

It's now 01:10am and I've had enough . . . . I shall now go and collapse in the sack so I'll wish youse all a restfull night . . . there'se no rest for the wicked is there, so no doubt I'll have a restless night . . . I hope this story makes you feel like you've had a better day than I . . . g'night offers.

nero
Central Scotland

05-08-2011, 11:17 PM

Oh well . . . that's another day nearer eternity for me . . . next door neighbour's concrete mullion on their lower window gave way today . . . I noticed yesterday it had big cracks in it and suggested they get it fixed.

The chap walloped it with a hammer today and the whole thing came crashing down . . . I made a shuttering casement for them and put it in place, wedged it with a wooden plank, then filled it with a concrete mix, there was also a bit of steel reinforcing rod which went back into the core too, so tomorrow it should be set nicely.

The mullion is 6 inches square and 5 foot high . . . if it had hit someone when it gave way the outcome could've been tragic . . . that was my good deed for today folks so I shall now shuffle off to the land of nod . . . sleep well offers . . . see yez tomorrow.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

05-08-2011, 11:31 PM

Erm, Nero, what is a mullion?
nero
Central Scotland

06-08-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Erm, Nero, what is a mullion?
It's the upright pillar between window sashes Eileen, usually concrete but sometimes made of wood, some windows have 3 sashes with 2 mullions, the window I repaired had two with one mullion between them.

Here's a a link DM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullion
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

06-08-2011, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the link, I enjoy learning something new.
Page 52 of 52 « First < 2 42 50 51 52

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top