Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:05 PM

My Crazy Landlord

I honestly do not know if the woman is a hothead or bi-polar or just plain nuts.....maybe all three

She made out a receipt for last years rent and got her husband to give me the carbon copy, not the original and it was only made out to hubby and my first names only so I asked her to make another receipt out by adding our surname.

All she did was write the surname in on the carbon in red ink rather than writing a whole new receipt. When I took it to have the income tax done they said it was not acceptable.

So I went back to landlord and told her I needed an original receipt, not a carbon and that our full name was needed.

To say she went into a rage is an understatement. She cursed at the top of her voice that she was not a F-ing secretary and that it was good enough the way it was and what the F difference did it make if it was yellow or white paper.

I honestly was noticing my hands shaking as her screaming was so loud and abusive. Her husband was saying nothing.

She carried on saying that she had done it that way for over 10 years and no one had ever asked for the original copy. I told her that I needed my taxes done and this is what they required to do the job as they are responsible for their work.

She asked which office I had my taxes done because she was going to call them and give them you know what.

I would not tell her because I truly believe her capable of doing this.

In the end she flounced off the sofa, wrote out the receipt but told me she was also going to make out a bill that she expects me to give to them for wasting her time.

I have 3 weeks to go before I am outta this apartment and it won't be a moment too soon.

Anyone ever have a nut job like this for a landlord?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Re: My Crazy Landlord

OMG!!!!
Never had an experience like that.
Not long Maple and you will be free.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:18 PM

My God where did they get her from!

No sorry, own my own House.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:22 PM

The crazy part is that most people realize that the one given the receipt gets the original and not the other way around.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
The crazy part is that most people realize that the one given the receipt gets the original and not the other way around.
When you have left Maple.
Write her a thank-you letter on toilet paper
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->

Can I ask.
Is this woman a little mad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
When you have left Maple.
Write her a thank-you letter on toilet paper

........ and make sure you give her the carbon copy . .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Some folks have to get into a frenzy just to tell you something.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:14 PM

It seems she's not that well Adanac. It's nothing to do with you and the receipt. I know it's strange but I feel sorry for her.

I'm glad you're going to a new apartment. I wish for you a rational and kind new landlord/landady!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It seems she's not that well Adanac. It's nothing to do with you and the receipt. I know it's strange but I feel sorry for her.

I'm glad you're going to a new apartment. I wish for you a rational and kind new landlord/landady!
I second that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top