Join for free
Page 696 of 737 « First < 196 596 646 686 694 695 696 697 698 706 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yep, I agree with that one JBR - especially if I only want a stamp.
Why not just go outside and Stamp?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why not just go outside and Stamp?
A first class idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 10:14 PM

'Tech guys' who move stuff around for the sake of it, things like websites, apps and operating system updates. They announce these changes as improvements but in reality they are just a pain in the wotsit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'Tech guys' who move stuff around for the sake of it, things like websites, apps and operating system updates. They announce these changes as improvements but in reality they are just a pain in the wotsit.
You're thinking of Windows 'Updates' aren't you?
I agree!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:30 PM

British Gas!!! Grrr.....

Keep messing around putting my direct debits up even though I'm well in credit!
Then it's half an hour or more spent on the phone trying to talk to a human being, to make them put it all back where it was again. Grrr ...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:34 PM

British Gas!!! Grrr.....

Then it's half an hour or more spent on the phone trying to talk to a human being, to make them put it all back where it was again. Grrr ...
That's why I left BG.
Prices were competitive, but customer service was poor.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's why I left BG.
Prices were competitive, but customer service was poor.
Yep, just like the Euro Zone, we will soon be left and just be GB.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 11:44 AM

British Gas!!! Grrr.....

Don't do it Mups....
Cancel your direct debits to British Gas and do it yourself.
Divide your annual energy usage by fifty two and put it away each week. It will be hard for the first year, but you will regain control of your finances.

Sometimes a bill may exceed the amount that you have allowed by a few pounds, but you can subsidise this from a bill that was under (a summer bill for example) I sometimes have to top up a winter bill with a pound or two, but it's easier than having to stump up the full amount.

I send in my meter reads when they email me and ask me to, and I pay by card every quarter, I can't be arsed paying it every month.
Why let somebody else do your accounting for you, especially when they are crap at it Mups.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't do it Mups....
Cancel your direct debits to British Gas and do it yourself.
Divide your annual energy usage by fifty two and put it away each week. It will be hard for the first year, but you will regain control of your finances.

Sometimes a bill may exceed the amount that you have allowed by a few pounds, but you can subsidise this from a bill that was under (a summer bill for example) I sometimes have to top up a winter bill with a pound or two, but it's easier than having to stump up the full amount.

I send in my meter reads when they email me and ask me to, and I pay by card every quarter, I can't be arsed paying it every month.
Why let somebody else do your accounting for you, especially when they are crap at it Mups.....

That's interesting Foxy. I will give that more thought.
I do that with the water bills, read the meter quarterly then send the readings in and pay, so I don't suppose it would be much different doing it with BG as well.
Thankyou, you have given me food for thought m'dear.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2020, 12:20 PM

That's interesting Foxy. I will give that more thought.
I do that with the water bills, read the meter quarterly then send the readings in and pay, so I don't suppose it would be much different doing it with BG as well.
Thankyou, you have given me food for thought m'dear.
You're very welcome Mups.... It works for me, and no more frustrating telephone calls......I hate telephones!...

Page 696 of 737 « First < 196 596 646 686 694 695 696 697 698 706 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top