Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:14 AM

"If I had my time again...."

If you look back, over your life, are there any parts of that life that you would now treat differently?

How much you learned at school - and your behaviour there?.

Your choice of career?

The amount of travel which you were able to do?

Relationships which you messed up or which remained solid?

Being in the armed forces &,thus, away from home?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Re: "If I had my time again...."

I could fill the British Library with what I would change – hindsight is a wonderful thing, if only we were able to access this in our earlier years!

However, that having been said I have what I have now and it's not too bad. There are I am sure, others who are far worse off in a lot of ways than myself. It could be better but it's far too late to change that which has made it less than it could have been.

On that note I will do what I've always done which is just to get on with it!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:43 AM

I would have practised guitar a lot more.

And taken out a "pre-nuptual" ha ha
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:49 AM

It seemed like a good idea at the time
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 10:31 AM

I did what I thought was best at the time and took advantage of the things that my world had to offer. Got a house and motor, and a decent missus, and made it to retirement still wearing my own teeth, so not too bad an outcome....
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 11:31 AM

If I had my time again i’d Probably make just as many mistakes
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Yes, if I knew then what I know now there are a few pretty major things I would do differently.

Or would I?
I'm not the same person now as I was even ten years ago, let alone twenty or thirty or forty years ago, so maybe, as others have said, I did what was best for me at the time.

Plus, I suppose, the experiences that my choices led to, for better or worse, have made me the person I am now.

Sometimes making rough choices and suffering the consequences is empowering.

However, there are two radical choices I made that I would definitively change, as they felt so very wrong at the time, but I still went ahead with them, with very long-lasting consequences.
One involved a relationship, and one involved a major change of location, and I am still living with the horrible consequences of both decisions.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Well that's a very honest post if ever I saw one!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If you look back, over your life, are there any parts of that life that you would now treat differently?

How much you learned at school - and your behaviour there?.

Your choice of career?

The amount of travel which you were able to do?

Relationships which you messed up or which remained solid?

Being in the armed forces &,thus, away from home?
I'm sure we all could have made different choices.
I did OK at school, got the required qualifications for university, did that, got employment in my chosen field.

I think the worst time was at the end of my first marriage. My wife at the time went doolaly. Ended up in a security ward for her own safety. Started divorce proceedings. My solicitor said her petition was so weak I could dismiss it. But why would you?

Difficult time for my children. But we were a team and worked through the situation.

I remarried. We worked together for the same company for over ten years. We did good. Now both retired.

Two phases I guess.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Me too but possibly in another Country.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top