Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:44 AM

Re: "A Dingo Took my Baby" 40 Years on

Yes I remember this and did believe the parents . Tragic . Some awful things happen to people , goodness knows how they continue to breath each day . We can never know their suffering . Poor souls
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:48 AM

Sally Clark , sadly yes I remember her too .

We humans are very quick to judge
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't remember that Roxy, I need to Google this.

Lots about it LQ, here's a link.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=sally+...98e804b9b7844d
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Sally Clark was a solicitor and had two children who died of cot death.

Professor Sir Roy Meadow, the controversial paediatrician, an expert witness at the trial, told the jury the chance of two children in an affluent family suffering cot death was "one in 73m". The Royal Statistical Society disagreed and wrote to the lord chancellor saying there was "no statistical basis" for the figure. Experts now believe the risk could be anywhere between one in 100 and one in 8,500.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It also reminds me of Sally Clark, who was jailed for killing her two babies. She was innocent too, but she died at age 42. convicted of the murder of two of her children. A book was written about the case and this from the Author.

"She suffered the most severe effects of being wrongly convicted of the murder of two of her children.We hold the people and organisations who accused and convicted her responsible for her untimely death. They convicted her on no evidence, but rather because they could not admit to their own ignorance of the cause of death of the two babies, and so blamed her instead."
Horrendously cruel and wicked. Wonder if those whose testimony convicted her have nightmares, they deserve to.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I remember that Bruce.

But if I may say, that picture can't be right, surely?

The baby in that picture cannot be 9 weeks old. 9 months perhaps, but not 9 weeks - and walking?

I don't understand.
Mups very small babies have a ‘stepping reflex’ if they are held upright -it disappears after about two months
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Forty years ago today 9 week old Azaria Chamberlain was taken by a dingo from her tent at Ayers Rock (Uluru).

Like most people my wife and I were convinced she was guilty based on the scientific evidence (eg blood spatter in the car which was later proved to be sound proofing material) and the parent's strange behavior at the time.

Forty years ago today, Azaria Chamberlain was taken by a dingo at Uluru in the Northern Territory.

What followed was an exhaustive criminal case that divided the nation, and a miscarriage of justice that has echoed through decades of Australian history.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...rs-on/12563336

A very sad case, do you remember it?
I remember it well as I was in Australia shortly afterwards and by happen chance met an elderly man who knew the family. -He said that girl would never kill her baby she was a good mother .

The fact is that she was tried by ignorant public opinion .
Her stern demeanour and the fact that they were seven day Adventists

Their were dingos around the campsite scrounging for food and some had lost their fear of tourists .

An aboriginal tracker reported that she had found evidence of a dingo carring weight near the tent .
Her evidence was discounted because she was a woman and the fact she spoke through a translator .( and interesting combination of gender and racist discrimination.)

The Darwin authorities were out to get this woman they knew she was innocent .

This case has echos today in the McCann case who the ignorant would have parents swinging from a lamp post these long years past .

In both cases there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever against the parents .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I remember that Bruce.

But if I may say, that picture can't be right, surely?

The baby in that picture cannot be 9 weeks old. 9 months perhaps, but not 9 weeks - and walking?

I don't understand.
Mups, l agree. No way, can that baby in the pic, be 9 weeks. She looks a lot older than that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2020, 10:03 PM

Art see my post re stepping reflex .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Art see my post re stepping reflex .
Muddy, l did see your post but l still think the baby in the pic looks much older.

My children were still babes in swaddling clothes at 9 weeks!!
The ‘baby’s’ face is too mature. It’s too sturdy too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top