Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:05 PM

Re: Lion Queen in the hot seat.

How did you get into computers, the internet and forums?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 11:06 PM

What was the first site you joined when you went on line?

(Mine was Friends reunited)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-04-2021, 04:04 PM

No sign of Queenie today - hope she's alright.

We'll leave the hot seat another 24 hrs to give her time to get back to it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No sign of Queenie today - hope she's alright.

We'll leave the hot seat another 24 hrs to give her time to get back to it.
LQ has been online today Carol
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-04-2021, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
LQ has been online today Carol

Oh - well at least she's ok then.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Wow Lion Queen. You’ve grown so much since I last personally talked with you . When I last talked with you, you were unhappily over weight and wanted to lose weight so badly.
I looked at your profile picture and you look absolutely fabulous. Very well done. Once you get on a healthy life path you won’t want to ever go back.

We share so many life passions. My father is a pianist and used to play Chopin and exceptionally well. Like yourself, I get goosebumps listening to beautiful music that touches my very soul.

Your cards look amazing. You’ve got a real niche for this. I’m also very into artwork. Would you mind passing the software link? I’ll give you a cool link in return to make your own paint by number from your own photos.

I’ve seen some plays before and used to work as a private cook for two opera singers in la miserables. I actually made a cake for the staff of Les Miserables but unfortunately never saw it while it was here. Something I regret.

I bet you make great soups. I’ve only canned homemade tomato sauce and gave it to family and friends and it was a big hit. We are currently canning turkey stew for us and our dogs since we are moving.

It IS fun giving things away to people. Most of my paintings I give away. It’s nice making people smile. I agree.

You didn’t waffle on at all. In fact, I really appreciate the effort in the details you gave. You sound like a very happy, healthy stable woman.

Thank you and have a lovely day.
Thank you Bratti, lovely post, i enjoyed reading that.

It's called Xara Design Software, you can get the pro version but the easier version does the job really so don't need to pay the extra dosh. xxx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 05:15 PM

Hi Queenie.

Do you make your soups in a saucepan or use a soup maker?

What's your favourite one & will you print the recipe please?

I'm into making soups & love to try different ones.
Hi Carol

I made my soup in a pan, I did have a soup maker but I prefer to make it from scratch in the pan, don't know why really.

I've been very busy today, I made two different flavour soups for my dad, husband and a friend of mine who is quite poorly with a nasty virus, left it on her doorstep, love her and all that but I don't want her germs LOL.

I made butternut squash, sweet potato and bacon and a chicken, veg and I put the remainder of the bacon in it, both soups are yummy.

I'm a thrower inner, if you know what i mean, I throw stuff together and it works.

lightly fry some lean bacon, Boil butternut and sweet potato together and add the bacon and (i put some onion in).
I put turmeric, smoked paprika, mixed herbs, garlic and a vegetable oxo then when the butternut and potato is soft I blend it all in my Nutribullet.

Same ingredients for the veg and chicken oh and I added a dash of brown sauce. I boiled a pack of fresh mixed chopped veg, when the veg was cooked I set some chunks aside and some chunks of chicken and bacon aside too and rest I blended.

Let me know if you give it a try, all my family and friends love it so hope you do too.

potato, leek, onion and bacon is another favourite that I make,
x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2021, 05:25 PM

How did you get into computers, the internet and forums?
my husband and I were probably one of the first on the net, probably round about 30 years ago.

We endured the horrible dial up, that ding ding still lives in my ears when trying to connect, the amount of time it dropped connection was a right pain in the posterior lol.

When my husband has his accident he went on a course to learn a new career in computing and he taught me some of it then I got to really enjoying computers. I'm self taught with a lot, I like to work things out with the computer, I don't like to be beat.

I did used to know JavaScript but I've forgotten it all. I remember making a game and how I felt so chuffed with myself that I had done that from being self taught, it was a rubbish game really but I programmed it so it was good haha.

I also new HTML language and once made a website using HTML for myself but that is long gone and again I've forgotten it all. I used editors now for websites, lazy way really.

My first forum was netmeeting about 30 years ago. I chatted with people from all over the world. I met a couple from Canada and a man from Seattle and to this day we are friends keeping in touch by facebook. You might have seen Norm and Pam comment on my stuff Carol? If not take note of my friends who comment and you may see them. Often been invited over to Canada, would be lovely to meet them in the flesh, they are a real lovely couple and we are all getting on a bit now so would be good to meet them before we get too old!

Computers are a huge part of my life, I spend a lot of time on my computer for fun and work.

Looking back I wish I'd gone into graphic design years ago, I could have been really good by now!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2021, 05:27 PM

What was the first site you joined when you went on line?

(Mine was Friends reunited)
Net Meeting, and Friends Reunited and MySpace
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2021, 05:29 PM

Oh - well at least she's ok then.
Yeah, I'm ok thanks Carol, been really busy cooking for dad and my friend and shopping for my Dad and I visited my nieces and the children today with easter money and chocolates. Thank you for the concern x

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top