Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 10:11 AM

Re: Pelican Aloft

They are huge but poor things always getting run over by outboard motors.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Thank you, Tiffany. As you might guess, I am a big fan of her!

I reckon with your affinity with the ocean, you must have been a mermaid in a past life.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Beautiful painting Surfermom, but not sure I would like it to hang over my bed! A number of years ago I met two relatively tame pelicans at a coastal fish restaurant in Cyprus ( I assume they fed the pelicans some of their fish) and they were much bigger than I expected.

If the picture was over my bed I am sure I would dream about them scooping me up in their gular....although maybe I would be too big for them!
Haha, yes they are HUGE! I was smacked around hard by one trying to rescue it when it had fishing line wrapped around it.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I used to live in Belize and there were hundreds of pelicans .
I lived by the sea and sometimes we would see Manatees as well .It was a magical place.
Lucky you to have lived in Belize! I would love to hear about that experience sometime. We are fortunate to have manatees here, and the best places to see them are in clear spring rivers. Gentle giants, they are.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 04:13 PM

By the way, the pelican is not very well rendered. My son came over last night and confirmed my option, giving me some good constructive criticism that has me back to work this morning.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Very realistic SM well done....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:57 PM

oh my word, this is F A B U L O U S xx

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top