Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Prince Phillips Funeral

Yes I am watching it and can’t help but admire the incredible pageantry music and planning that has gone into it .
Even the weather has smiled on the day .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:53 PM

Re: Prince Phillips Funeral

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I am watching it and can’t help but admire the incredible pageantry music and planning that has gone into it .
Hi

Yes, it is the sort of thing we do very well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, it is the sort of thing we do very well.
And that cost the taxpayers a fortune but that never appear on the cost of having the RF.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Absolutely Muddy and could there be a more perfect day for the occasion, Windsor looks magnificent in the spring sunshine.
I think the wearing of masks adds an extra air of poignancy .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And that cost the taxpayers a fortune but that never appear on the cost of having the RF.
...Tat some things are beyond money....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:32 PM

Here in the U.S. all major TV stations have interrupted regular programing so that they might broadcast the full ceremony at St. George's Chapel. Quite a moving ceremony.
Best wishes to the Queen and hoping that she remains strong.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:32 PM

Couldn't agree more, Muddy.
They have really done him proud.

I also thought the men carrying the coffin in up all those steps were marvellous.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:38 PM

A dignified and poignant ceremony.

My thoughts are with the family.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Here in the U.S. all major TV stations have interrupted regular programing so that they might broadcast the full ceremony at St. George's Chapel. Quite a moving ceremony.
Best wishes to the Queen and hoping that she remains strong.

It's nice to know that people in America, and probably throughout the world, are still interested in the pomp and circumstance that we do so well.

Thank you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:49 PM

I suspect that all the people there were proud to be taking part in the celebration of his life. In his planning, he acknowledged people who were part of his life & I even had a tear in my eye when I watched his family walk to the chapel.
I don't care how much it cost, but I think that everybody who was there would consider it to be an honour to be part of such an occasion.
I heard this morning that his mother was born at Windsor Castle, how lovely that he has been laid to rest where his mother took her first breath!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top