Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:45 PM

Addiction

Addiction to selfies.

If you’ve taken up to three selfies today, consider yourself nuts.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Re: Addiction

I've never taken one .... I can never figure out the need to constantly take a photo of yourself.

Is it vanity? Lack of confidence .... A boost to the ego? Or just to reassure yourself that you're still alive and kicking.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:33 PM

Got a name for it, selfitis? Published in the International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction confirmed that there are three levels of selfitis:

Borderline : Taking photos of yourself at least three times a day but not posting them on social media

Acute : Taking photos of yourself at least three times a day and posting each one on social media

Chronic : Uncontrollable urge to take photos of yourself round the clock and posting the photos on social media more than six times a day.

Six motivating factors were identified, with selfitis sufferers typically seeking to increase their self-confidence, seek attention, improve their mood, connect with the environment around them (to create a record of memories), increase their conformity with the social group around them,
as well as being socially competitive.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:54 PM

Good grief...who takes pictures of themselves 3 times day?? I have done it before when I had a nice haircut, to show the hairdresser, for next time but gosh, not a selfie person, haha!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:58 PM

You've overlooked the one important ingredient of the 'selfie craze', that of the 'pouting selfie lips'. How ridiculous people look when they do that too!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You've overlooked the one important ingredient of the 'selfie craze', that of the 'pouting selfie lips'. How stupid people look when they do that too!
Oh and you see people (young ones) putting up two fingers in the peace sign along with the pouting
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh and you see people (young ones) putting up two fingers in the peace sign along with the pouting
Yes, it's usually the younger ones anyway, as long as they don't
turn the 'peace sign' round though!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:04 PM

I've never taken a selfie in my life and never will.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I've never taken a selfie in my life and never will.
Neither have I. I hate seeing my photo.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

09-05-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Neither have I. I hate seeing my photo.
Me too! I hate it even when other people take my photo, and even if they don't "listen" to my refusals, I always turn away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top