Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Re: Addiction

Like Pixie, I only take a selfie for reference when I go to the hairdresser, and if the photo is OK I'll use it as my profile pic on Facebook.

I can't see the point of continually taking selfies. Even if I was 40 years younger, and the resulting photo was therefore rather more attractive than now, I still don't see why I would need to repeat the process several times a day. That really is disturbingly obsessive.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Me too! I hate it even when other people take my photo, and even if they don't "listen" to my refusals, I always turn away.
That's me as well. My Daughter will take candid shots of me on her phone when I'm not looking or aware she is & they are all horrible, specially since I got old & saggy. She doesn't delete the horrid things either. She is a witch!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:01 PM

I love to take pictures. I took a selfie on Friday with my great niece and her best friend because we had such a lot of fun and I think it's important to make memories.

I really regret not having more selfies taken with my Mum and my Sister who have both passed and I won't let that happen again, I take selfies with my Dad on a regular basis because I want lots of photos.

I take selfies of myself when I've had my hair done and I had a lot of photographs taken of me alone when I was on my weight loss journey. I really enjoyed watching my weight reduce and comparing photos.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking selfies, I love to see selfies of my friends on facebook but I have to say I despise all that horrible pouting. One of my nieces does it and I told her her smile is so much better than a silly pout. She still pouts though *tut*

To be honest I don't see anything wrong in taking selfies, it's good to be confident enough to share photos of oneself and it's good to get and give compliments, it does the esteem the world of good.

Heck I've even taken a selfie when I've just woke up and looked a bugger, it gave people a laugh and that was my aim.

I never use filters, what's the point? I do know many who use filters and they are so young? What's that about. I don't like the wrinkles appearing but they define my maturity and who I am today.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:11 PM

I took a selfie once…got a lovely shot of my ear…
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That's me as well. My Daughter will take candid shots of me on her phone when I'm not looking or aware she is & they are all horrible, specially since I got old & saggy. She doesn't delete the horrid things either. She is a witch!
I have to confess that I do that with my daughter! She's like me, hates her photo being taken. So I take candid shots of her, and she's all "MUM!!! What are you doing??!!! I accidently took a photo of her during a whatsapp conversation and She yelled at me "Mother, I SAW that!!!" Whoops!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:30 PM

Me take a selfie? listen I even have to cover the mirror before I use it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:51 PM

I love to look back at photos of myself running various events, it creates a personal record of those events, and hopefully when I'm gone they will provide my daughter and granddaughters an insight into my history. I wish I had more photos of my parents. They provide many happy memories. Also old holiday photos of the clothes I used to wear, and the hairstyles. I'm not obsessed by taking selfies, but I think they come in useful, especially in the future.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:15 PM

Never taken a selfie in my life, and aren't likely to start now.
Why on earth would I?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Never taken a selfie in my life, and aren't likely to start now.
Why on earth would I?
I echo what Mups says why on earth would I want a picture of myself, looking in the mirror is bad enough...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:33 PM

There was once a polaroid, a long time ago, well before it could have gone viral.

And I witnessed it being destroyed by fire, or, at least I think I did.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top