Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 10:06 PM

A new crop from Australia!

I know that I probably shouldn't laugh ---- maybe it's some sort of mutated bat?

Nah. It's just raining rats!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...ining-24090384

Gorra giggle eh!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 10:36 PM

Re: A new crop from Australia!

Not at all Rasputin. In fact, speaking for myself, I would be downright disappointed if you didn't laugh. THat would be entirely out of character. Besides, what's a little schadenfreude among fellow "OFFers" !?.. Just an aside though..AND! I don't mean to be oversensitive or "thin skinned" at all but. I really do have a sense of humour. But I mean, this is the worst rodent plague here, I think ever. Millions of dollars of crops have been destroyed, people's livelihoods wiped out and everything else that goes with it. Not to mention all the other hazards that go with it. But still, bloody hilarious wot!.. Well spotted. The last choice offering was how to poison and/or kill noisy dogs now we have "Having fun with Mice"..You are indeed a master class. But what the Hey!.Still more grist for my book. Keep the verbal diarrhoea coming. : It's all good.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

12-05-2021, 10:51 PM

https://practicalselfreliance.com/mice-recipes/

bon appetite - you may have eaten as a delicatese in Thailand; Phillipines or perhaps Vietnam? the reference is full of recipes too - I remember tales of them being caught in the Siberian gulags of old
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I know that I probably shouldn't laugh ---- maybe it's some sort of mutated bat?

Gorra giggle eh!
Bloody hell have you been asleep? We discussed this months ago in this forum. You will have to learn the difference between mice and rats perhaps you think squirrels are rats too?.

The NSW Government has announced $50 million in funding to tackle the ongoing mouse plague.

Eight grain treatment stations will be set up across regional NSW.

Farmers bring their grain in to be poisoned the government will purchase the poison and will treat their grain absolutely free of charge, using the most powerful poison bromadiolone. Described as napalm for mice there is no paperwork, they can just show up.

You may be no wiser but at least you are better informed while you chuckle.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Bloody hell have you been asleep? We discussed this months ago in this forum. You will have to learn the difference between mice and rats perhaps you think squirrels are rats too?.

The NSW Government has announced $50 million in funding to tackle the ongoing mouse plague.

Farmers bring their grain in to be poisoned the government will purchase the poison and will treat their grain absolutely free of charge, using the most powerful poison bromadiolone. Described as napalm for mice there is no paperwork, they can just show up.

Good try Bruce. But you can't educate a fencepost. *

* IQ roughly similar.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

13-05-2021, 01:59 AM

fence posts in suffolk - all been gnawed away ain't they? I think the brits are so scared of mice they'll just about go anywhere to eradicate them?

https://earth.org/group-to-go-ahead-...ject-this-year
keezoy
Australia

13-05-2021, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
fence posts in suffolk - all been gnawed away ain't they? I think the brits are so scared of mice they'll just about go anywhere to eradicate them?

https://earth.org/group-to-go-ahead-...ject-this-year
Well, as has been demonstrated ad nauseum here, there is still one big one left. But as they say in Fantasyland.."Fingers crossed" ..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Gorra giggle eh!

They put down bait as did you..and it worked...😂🤣...seriously how awful, all to do with covid 19 I read...they were eating each other apparently? the rodents that is.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 11:23 AM

Thing is that rats and mice continually urinate as they go so presumably the grains in the storage places infested by rats and mice will be contaminated. Gonna be hard to export surely?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Bloody hell 20 million dollarsto get rid of some mice ??
Praps you should introduce a few felines to ozz ??
And who will you export all that poisened grain to ??
China would be my bet !! LOL!

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top