Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Re: self censorship

Maybe that is exactly what is happening in this country right now, people sitting back in their comfy chair, fingers in their ears, whilst fee speech in university’s is banned and history being rewritten. Kinda sad.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It depends on how nasty the nasties are. If the nasties are very nasty, and there's a comfy chair in the corner, it's probably better to stay in the corner.
With a can of stingy spray and a good book.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Every now and then, one comes across someone without enough intelligence to get offended.

That is a cute quip. BUt still it's interesting to think about. I somebody is not intelligent enough to realise that they are are being offended well is there any point in trying to offend them at all? It’s like trying to point out the logical flaws in an argument being spat at you – along with a generous amount of beer – by a drunken yob in a pub. In the case I remember I gave up and said in a reassuring and conciliatory tone..”Oh well mate, anybody who call you dumb is no fool”..He smiled smugly to himself and walked off. Although, and I have made this point before, I am always reluctant to take anybody's intelligence level for granted; at either end of the scale. It's a risky thing to do..even if you're a psychologist. Especially if you are one I would argue. LIke for example have you ever witnessed a pompous, know it all "scholar" arrogantly patronise and talk down to somebody they assume is uneducated, inarticulate and totally inferior to them?.. only to be totally demolished and embarrassed by them?..I have. It was delicious. Off topic?..I'll say sorry to myself.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 07:31 AM

We are but usernames,
passing the time of day.
You put the world to rights,
I'll make hay.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 08:09 AM

We are but usernames,
passing in the night.
You make peace,
I'll start a fight.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 08:11 AM

Sometimes, there ain't anything to say that goes against the grain, so, there ain't no need to self censor. Periodically usernames come along who try to encourage susceptible folks but hopefully their resolve stays strong, and are not tempted to "Sub-Scribe".
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We are but usernames,
passing in the night.
You make peace,
I'll start a fight.
I like that dood....sums it up nicely

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top