Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:20 PM

Re: Things you are not good at.

I couldn't plaster a wall if my life depended on it. I tried once and made an appalling mess of it. Never ever again.

Public speaking - even after making so many presentations over the years, it still gives me the colly wobbles just thinking about it. I'm great talking to a few people in a group training session but, an audience of over 100 - er - no thank you, not any more.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:23 PM

I woukdnt say jealous but I do envy Muddy s talent in art. It really annoys me that I cant draw for toffee.

I also envy tabbys card making talent. I make cards too but mine are digital whereas tabbys is so creative, I envy her creative mind
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:24 PM

According to Sue that means everything. Oh the joys of being useless
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Looking forward to that photo. I have since planted my new little palm that is getting along heartily!

That discussion about your living room was great fun, SF.

Lord, me too. The only talent I have is determination. Typically everything I undertake is initially a disaster, but I am not thwarted and just keep trying....:lol:

I just keep trying too.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:49 PM

I'm useless at cooking. Just haven't got the patience to put a meal together. Not a fan of takeaways, so I would probably starve, if it was for the boss putting up some really good nosh. Probably why I can't stand those incessant cookery programmes!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:08 PM

I'm not good at letting people finish their sentences. Its a terrible habit which I am sure annoys everyone to heck, but I always try and talk them into getting to the point! I can't abide a long winded story .Just say what you have to say, and lets move on!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:45 PM

Although l like watching it, I have always been rubbish at sport. Probably because most sports were played on cold days, or you got your ankles smashed with a hockey stick.

I did learn to swim when l was 30 as l hated the water when l was younger. I did swim a width once and that was it!

I am really rubbish at ten pin bowling and if l score two pins down, that’s about it!!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:53 PM

I am hopeless at organising my time. I make all sorts of plans for the day, then sit browsing the internet (OFF, Facebook etc.), make another cuppa (I'm very good at procrastination ). Eventually I wander into my sewing room, look through all the fabrics and patterns and dither over which to make a start on. I waste half the day like this - before I know it, it's lunchtime and I've achieved nothing. Then I remember that I've some eggs that need using up so I really should make a cake, and off I go into the kitchen.

My life is full of random meanderings like this. But tomorrow, I shall be organised.....
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 06:53 AM

If you list things you feel you're not good at, it would imply that there're others that you think you are actually good at? Really "good at" or just capable of doing them at all, I wonder?

As for me, I'm certainly capable of doing some things at all like grocery shopping. But would I be good at it in the sense of being able to do something better than other people? I'd say no. I don't have any natural talents or capabilities that I could have used to make a living. I just managed to muddle through life, tbh.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:14 AM

I wouldn't say I excel at anything to be honest....I work at things and get by. Someone said they were rubbish at reversing the car...welcome to my world I drive round for ages looking for a parking space I can drive into with no reversing.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top