Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:50 PM

Re: Police officers injured and 20 arrests in Rangers crowd trouble

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Slightly different behaviour, nonetheless appalling, but an outcome re: cost that ought to be applied to all 'no-goods', those who in so many ways are ruining this country. See link below:

If one place manages to do this then why not the UK?

"A drink-driver who crashed his girlfriend's car into a river has been order to pay £5,000 in compensation to the Isle of Man Government.

Ashley Kelly caused about £14,000 of damage when he crashed through railings in Ballaugh on 5 December 2020.

The 29-year-old admitted driving while under the influence of alcohol, while disqualified and without insurance."
Not a bad idea that. Oil, petrol, diesel getting into the watercourses can cause no end of ecological damage that will have to be cleaned up.

As UK law stands (I think), if someone damages your house, car, wall, and they are without insurance, then your insurance coughs up (if you have any that is). Your insurance company will reclaim this via your premiums in years to come unless you have NCD protection insurance. You could TRY to take the miscreant to the small claims court for reimbursement but you might not succeed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:57 PM

You get the awful sneaky feeling there'll be one or two incidences like this as lockdown lifts and some folk'll come charging out like demented bulls let out of their field keen to enjoy their reinstated freedom.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:57 PM

This happens every day they play a game (to some degree). The first minister and police knew this would happen two months ago and did nothing. The police said it was peaceful, the first minister basically said they were very naughty and mustn't do it again.

Mob Rule here on the west coast of Scotland, and if we every got independance, scenes like this would be an everyday occurrence.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
This happens every day they play a game (to some degree). The first minister and police knew this would happen two months ago and did nothing. The police said it was peaceful, the first minister basically said they were very naughty and mustn't do it again.

Mob Rule here on the west coast of Scotland, and if we every got independance, scenes like this would be an everyday occurrence.
Independence or not, Pixie, it still happened and would still happen in the future I reckon. As you say, "mob rule".
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 03:59 PM

I wouldn't say it was specific to Scotland.
Look at those Man U supporters the other week .... they slashed a coppers face and left him with 'life-changing' injuries.

I hate that term, 'life-changing'. It makes you shudder.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 04:07 PM

I saw videos of this on twitter. It was mad. Who are the "huns" and why are they chanting anti-catholic things? What has religion to do with football ? (other than being a religion to some of course...)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't say it was specific to Scotland.
Look at those Man U supporters the other week .... they slashed a coppers face and left him with 'life-changing' injuries.

I hate that term, 'life-changing'. It makes you shudder.
But Morti this was really really off the normal hooliganism compass. They were kicking schmitt out of each other indiscriminately. Didn't matter which side they were on. Just random violent craziness.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I saw videos of this on twitter. It was mad. Who are the "huns" and why are they chanting anti-catholic things? What has religion to do with football ? (other than being a religion to some of course...)
Its sectarianism, Annie, pure and simple. This isn't about football...its about Protestants - v - Catholics. Its about marching through the streets every Summer to celebrate William of Orange, its about spitting on priests and walking through Catholic areas to show dominance. Power and control, nothing to do with football. The fans sing anti-catholic songs at football games, Catholic footballers are not allowed to to bless themselves before a game or when they score a goal as its considered inciteful behaviour....oh I could go on and on. I am not Catholic, btw. Oh, and "huns" are a term used to describe rangers players or fans because they behave like Attila the Hun
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-05-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Its sectarianism, Annie, pure and simple. This isn't about football...its about Protestants - v - Catholics. Its about marching through the streets every Summer to celebrate William of Orange, its about spitting on priests and walking through Catholic areas to show dominance. Power and control, nothing to do with football. The fans sing anti-catholic songs at football games, Catholic footballers are not allowed to to bless themselves before a game or when they score a goal as its considered inciteful behaviour....oh I could go on and on. I am not Catholic, btw. Oh, and "huns" are a term used to describe rangers fans because they behave like Attila the Hun
Wow I didn't think the Scots were so religious these days.!
Thanks for translating huns
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

16-05-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Wow I didn't think the Scots were so religious these days.!
Thanks for translating huns
Its not really religious either, to be honest. That's the guise they use to get away with it. if anyone says or does anything to prevent them, its all "But that's our religious right" when in fact they are committing every sin in the book. Its more concentrated in the West Coast - up North, Aberdeen way, they put a stop to it and blankly refused to allow any such behaviour. But then of course, they have their own brand of religious nuts called the Wee Frees

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top