Join for free
Reply
Page 16 of 30 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,409
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2019, 10:47 PM
151

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Just thought you needed some help as to why, seeing as you can't think of any reason. Must be embarrassing for you to come on here spouting your bile and not being able to justify it.

I'm proud I voted remain, obviously you are not proud for voting leave. Otherwise you would (possibly with the help of minors) be able to say why.

Yawn ....
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 438
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 05:38 AM
152

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Bread ->
How would a second referendum solve anything ? Its legal status won't change the result and in case you haven't noticed we already triggered article 50.

The problem is parliament not history. It makes youna complete hypocrite because in one hand you say the referendum is only advisory but you want another one for some absurd reason.

Old arguments .... boring boring boring.....

Its because you can't accept the outcome of the first one and you want another vote so you can fudge the result to remain. Whether it was legal or not in the first place is irrelevant its just a big con because you can't face the result.

And you then claim parliament is sovereign after what we have witnessed over the past 3 years ?

The mind boggles ....
I donít claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I donít accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesnít mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally Iíd rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they canít and weíre would be heading for a no deal Brexit thereís a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

Hereís a once ardent Brexiteers view of harsh reality as he sees it

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,409
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 08:37 AM
153

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I donít claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I donít accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesnít mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally Iíd rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they canít and weíre would be heading for a no deal Brexit thereís a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

Hereís a once ardent Brexiteers view of harsh reality as he sees it

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/

I think you will find that most of the country agrees with me that parliament is anything but sovereign. Just look at the antics of Bercow and both sides of the house.

And you do not accept the result of the referendum because you want another one. So far it's been called a 2nd referendum, a peoples vote and now a confirmatory vote. There is a reason for that .... you want to change the result by fudging the question and your only rebranding it over and over because nobody believes a word of what your saying.

A second referendum is only designed to overturn the result of the first one ... or are you saying we should ask the same question again ???

And I know how clever you are, you don't need to keep telling everyone because I already worked it out for myself a long time ago.

.... Out of interest do you want the Euro as well ?
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 831
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 10:33 AM
154

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I find it's always worth checking


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ineducable


Or perhaps this is more apt


https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ineducable



Just trying to help.
Thanks for that Ray, I did use the Online Cambridge Dictionary, however following your advise I checked the Oxford Dictionary and found it gave the same as those that you mention although the Merriam-Webster appears to be an American dictionary.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire, England
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 37,104
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 10:41 AM
155

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The EU Parliament is holding a meeting next Tuesday about our none departure, Tusk and Juncker will be in attendance.
It will be worth watching to see what Farage has to say..

Meanwhile our MPs have gone on holliday ...
Two speeches this morning Guy Verhofstadt speaks in English after 1 minute...




Farage response....

Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 831
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 10:42 AM
156

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I donít claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I donít accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesnít mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally Iíd rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they canít and weíre would be heading for a no deal Brexit thereís a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

Hereís a once ardent Brexiteers view of harsh reality as he sees it

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/
What an excellent web site giving such an unbiased assessment of our position.
Reply With Quote
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,378
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 04:26 PM
157

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I donít claim Parliament to be sovereign it just happens to be a an indisputable fact. Something else is seems you are unaware of

You are also incorrect in assuming that I donít accept the result of the referendum. I do but that doesnít mean I have to agree with it and fortunately I am perfectly entitled to express that view as the UK is not an authoritarian state

Your words make it obvious you are running scared of the possibility of a confirmatory referendum, perhaps because you fear that a significant number of the populace may have seen through the fake news and BS peddled by leavers.

Personally Iíd rather Parliament solves the impasse but if they canít and weíre would be heading for a no deal Brexit thereís a high probability the will fast track legislation to revoke Article 50 rather than crash out For me a good solution but certainly divisive which is why the option having of a 2nd referendum may be a more equitable solution

Hereís a once ardent Brexiteers view of harsh reality as he sees it

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...d-think-again/
Surely you would want readers to have a look at another report, by Osborne, at this link:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...o-swindle.html

He seems to jump backwards and forwards, does he not?
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,991
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 04:54 PM
158

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Surely you would want readers to have a look at another report, by Osborn, at this link:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...o-swindle.html

He seems to jump backwards and forwards, does he not?
You mean like leavers jumping up and down These last weeks? He isn't. If you had taken the few minutes to read his recent article, you would know he is a converted leaver. So his 2011 article is in line with being an ignorant leaver. At least he can say he improved his knowledge, something you cannot claim.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 438
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 06:50 PM
159

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think you will find that most of the country agrees with me that parliament is anything but sovereign. Just look at the antics of Bercow and both sides of the house.

And you do not accept the result of the referendum because you want another one. So far it's been called a 2nd referendum, a peoples vote and now a confirmatory vote. There is a reason for that .... you want to change the result by fudging the question and your only rebranding it over and over because nobody believes a word of what your saying.

A second referendum is only designed to overturn the result of the first one ... or are you saying we should ask the same question again ???

And I know how clever you are, you don't need to keep telling everyone because I already worked it out for myself a long time ago.

.... Out of interest do you want the Euro as well ?
I would only advocate a 2nd referendum if we are still T an impasse at the 11th hour whereby Mays deadlock or an amended version of it is not ratified by Parliament. The question should then be the same as the first but the referendum should be made legally binding so that Parliament will enact the decision

I like the Pound but itís not the same pound I grew up with which was LSD. Nevertheless Iíd rather keep it notwithstanding that having the Euro would save a fair bit not having to pay exchange fees

Like it or not we are a Parliamentary democracy with a FPTP voting system. We had a chance to change the voting system in a previous referendum but declined. I doubt however that we will ever move away from the form of democracy we currently have no matter how the representatives we elect behave
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,409
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
16-04-2019, 07:32 PM
160

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I would only advocate a 2nd referendum if we are still T an impasse at the 11th hour whereby Mays deadlock or an amended version of it is not ratified by Parliament. The question should then be the same as the first but the referendum should be made legally binding so that Parliament will enact the decision

I like the Pound but itís not the same pound I grew up with which was LSD. Nevertheless Iíd rather keep it notwithstanding that having the Euro would save a fair bit not having to pay exchange fees

Like it or not we are a Parliamentary democracy with a FPTP voting system. We had a chance to change the voting system in a previous referendum but declined. I doubt however that we will ever move away from the form of democracy we currently have no matter how the representatives we elect behave
So you want a second referendum with the same question and this time make it legally binding .... how would that change anything ?

And if the EU is the wonderland you profess it to be how come you don't want the common currency? Verhofstadt said all member states must adopt the common currency by 2025 ... but you still want to be in the EU

Do you also want the EU army ?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 16 of 30 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.