Join for free
Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I had noticed that too .
Although I must say I sometimes don't know where to post a thread .
I'm not complaining! It was just an observation!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
50 words when 2 would do?-I get used to it.
Good Lad! Have you noticed how I often say "are you sitting comfortably with a cuppa" :lol some of my past threads have been more of a saga !! certainly attention seeking!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 06:12 PM

Art I know you are not complaining and you do a great job starting threads -like this one .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
SG, Your threads are quality and you say it, how it is!
Mine are 'chewing gum' threads! You chew on them until the flavour goes! They are throw away, gone and forgotten threads!
Maybe, 'attention seeker' is not quite the right phrase but it's better than, 'Look at me, Look at me'!!
Awww, thankyou Art. May I say that you post some really great threads, especially on General Chat. We need people who regularly post threads to keep us entertained, and you certainly do that. Keep it up!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 09:54 PM

I'm not sure that prolific posters are seeking attention, at least I would hope not. I think that some people tend to be somewhat lonesome, not surrounded by family, or a bit aged and not as apt to be "out and around". For these folks, a forum can become their family and serve as their main communication outlet on a daily basis.

Of course there'll always be people around who talk just to hear themselves speak and there are bitter people who thrive on posting and responding to nasty, controversial threads. Most of these folks will never appear on a pleasant, good-natured, thread??

Takes all kinds I would guess.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Just post and sod the repercussions. If you overdo it the mods will sort it out. Apart from that post for whatever reason. Life is too short to hold back all of the time.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
I'm not sure that prolific posters are seeking attention, at least I would hope not. I think that some people tend to be somewhat lonesome, not surrounded by family, or a bit aged and not as apt to be "out and around". For these folks, a forum can become their family and serve as their main communication outlet on a daily basis.

Of course there'll always be people around who talk just to hear themselves speak and there are bitter people who thrive on posting and responding to nasty, controversial threads. Most of these folks will never appear on a pleasant, good-natured, thread??

Takes all kinds I would guess.
This is very perceptive Dave.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:24 PM

I will say one more thing and that is certain people are prolific posters but they shouldn't be as they have nothing to type worth reading. I could post a list if you want?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I will say one more thing and that is certain people are prolific posters but they shouldn't be as they have nothing to type worth reading. I could post a list if you want?
Go on then, I dare you!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Go on then, I dare you!
You might well be on it .

Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top